using second laptop for on air display

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Matthew Collins | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 21 2018 6:34 AM

Is there a way to set up a second laptop to act as an "on air" display only , sort of like the follow function on the remote app. We would like to have the one laptop to the side that is connected to the soundboard/projector that controls the presentation when on air  and a second laptop connected via wifi as a display so the person out the front (singer/ service leader/ preacher/ circus midgets/ whoever) can see what's displayed on the projector without having to turn around.

Posts 165
LogosEmployee
Matt Mattox(Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 21 2018 7:30 AM

Hey Matthew,

Just notifying you that I responded to your post on Faithlife.com https://faithlife.com/posts/1322650 

Lets keep an eye on the forums as I am curious to see what others here have to say. Maybe Mike, Mark, Graham, Steven and a few others I know who are active on here will throw in their insight. 

Posts 22264
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 21 2018 8:52 AM

Hi Matthew

I‘d agree with Matt’s suggestion on the Faithlife page, of using a connected monitor instead. That is how we do it and it works fine.

But I note you wanted to do this by WiFi. is running a cable from the laptop controlling the presentation to this additional monitor an option for you?

Posts 4
Matthew Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 21 2018 2:11 PM

It is an option to run a cable and monitor and is one of the things we were looking at. Ideally we would like to get rid of as many cables as possible. We also have the laptop available but would have to source a monitor and long enough vga cable. Again possible but would have been good to use what we have. 

Posts 22264
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 21 2018 3:18 PM

If they are running Windows 10 it looks like Miracast might give you what you want

See https://www.hanselman.com/blog/UseASecondLaptopAsAnExtendedMonitorWithWindows10WirelessDisplays.aspx for a discussion.

I haven’t tried this - and may  he supported by Proclaim - but worth giving it a go.

If you do, please let us know how you get on

Posts 50
Andy Bleach | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2018 7:13 PM

Hi, if you're using a Mac and also have and Apple TV connected to an external monitor, you can configure the Mac to see the Apple TV as another display. So we've sometimes used 3 displays for Proclaim!

- Mac display to show proclaim app

- 2nd monitor beside MAc for slides (also goes to projector)

- 3rd Apple TV display for confidence monitor (this can be seen from the stage).

Just another option for people that read this post, that acheives a 'wireless' display. You can set the Apple TV display to show whatever output from Proclaim you want.

Posts 165
LogosEmployee
Matt Mattox(Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2018 8:00 AM

Andy Bleach:
Hi, if you're using a Mac and also have and Apple TV connected to an external monitor, you can configure the Mac to see the Apple TV as another display. So we've sometimes used 3 displays for Proclaim!

Thanks for sharing Andy. This is a great way to set up a third monitor. I actually just helped someone this morning do exactly this. 

Posts 50
Andy Bleach | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 21 2018 7:54 PM

That's great! Thanks, Andy

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS