BUG: Hebrew word not connected correctly to dictionaries

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 776
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 23 2018 12:24 PM

In the Lexham Hebrew Bible (LHB), if you double-click on the word for "leprosy" [tzara'at] it takes you to TWOT, DBL Hebrew, or BDB word 1898B [mesura] "stronghold." The Biblica Hebraica Stuttgartensia goes to the word for leprosy in the dictionaries. The problem seems to be with coding in the LHB, not the dictionaries.

This has also been reported as a typo.

Posts 24847
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 3:06 PM

I'm not seeing this and I have an 'old' version LLS:LHB, 2017-04-07T17:47:43Z. It goes to TWOT 1971a.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 776
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 3:09 PM

Hmmm. I tried several instances of "leprosy" to make sure it was repeatable for my setup--all went to the same wrong word in each of my dictionaries. 

Posts 24847
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 3:24 PM

Is it the same version as mine? You could hide/unhide LHB to force a download of another copy.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 776
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 4:58 PM
  1. Hid LHB
  2. Unhid LHB
  3. Repeated steps--still goes to wrong Hebrew definition as before.

Thanks for the suggestion, Dave. [shrug]

Posts 37
LogosEmployee
Isaiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2018 8:58 AM

Jack:

I have tried to reproduce this, but I'm getting the same results as Dave Hooton (i.e. double-click jumps to the correct entries in the Hebrew lexicons mentioned).

Please check the resource version of your LHB. Do this by clicking the circled i in the upper right corner of the resource panel. 

Then scroll to the bottom to find the Support Info. Copy and paste that text here.

Thanks. Hope we can help you figure this out quickly!

Isaiah.

Posts 776
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2018 9:01 AM

Thanks for jumping on this, Isaiah. Here's my info. It appears to match yours exactly.

LLS:LHB
2017-04-07T17:47:43Z
LHB.logos4

Posts 37
LogosEmployee
Isaiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2018 10:22 AM

Interesting. What happens when you run a Power Lookup on the lemma in question? Here's mine:

Posts 37
LogosEmployee
Isaiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2018 12:16 PM

Jack:

We managed to identify the problem linking. It seems that there is bad keylinking data on the words that have the Hebrew verb lemma צרע, but only for the TWOT (as far as we can tell).

We'll get this fixed in the resource and ship that out as soon as possible.

Thanks again for letting us know about this and being patient while we figured it out.

Isaiah.

Posts 776
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2018 12:34 PM

Thanks for the fast fix, Isaiah.

Bad links are so easy to make, but so hard to find and squash.

Posts 776
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2018 6:48 AM

Isaiah:

We managed to identify the problem linking. It seems that there is bad keylinking data on the words that have the Hebrew verb lemma צרע, but only for the TWOT (as far as we can tell).

While you're at it, please check the link between LHB and TWOT for Exodus 13:9 where the Hebrew word for "forehead" is linked to TWOT word:

884a      יָעֵן (yāʿēn) ostrich (only in Lam 4:3). 

instead of properly linking the word for "eyes."

Posts 37
LogosEmployee
Isaiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2018 8:36 AM

I've tried to reproduce this, but it does not fail -- on my end -- to go to the correct entry (1612a in TWOT). This bears out in close inspection of the link data itself, where the only words that link to TWOT 884a are the three occurring in Lam 4:3.

Perhaps the updated resource will give you the correct results when it ships on Monday? I hope so.

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

Isaiah

Posts 776
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2018 9:56 AM

Isaiah:

Perhaps the updated resource will give you the correct results when it ships on Monday? I hope so.

Just received the update and checked the connection between LHB (Lexham Hebrew Bible) and TWOT for "leprosy." It's fixed.

Thanks for the fast action.

Jack

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS