Can't hide resources

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 30
Marc Brule | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 26 2018 7:27 AM

I've been trying to clean up my library, wanting to remove some things I will not use - at least for some time. I drag the resources into the 'Hide Resources' section, yet the resources still appear in my library list. Am I missing something? I've tried reindexing to no avail.

Posts 19838
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2018 7:59 AM

What you describe should work, so this sonds strange.

What version of Logos 7 are you running and on which platform?

Posts 26127
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2018 8:00 AM

Marc Brule:
I drag the resources into the 'Hide Resources' section, yet the resources still appear in my library list. Am I missing something?

Just for clarification: You also need to restart Logos. Have you done so? 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 19838
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2018 8:32 AM

Since 6.3 you shouldn’t have to restart Logos unless the resources are in a layout

Posts 26127
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2018 2:02 PM

I didn't know that! Thanks Graham. Smile

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 30
Marc Brule | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2018 5:10 AM

7.14.0.0036, Full Feature Set running on MacBook Pro (2018) with MacOs 10.13.4.

Posts 19838
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2018 5:29 AM

Marc Brule:

7.14.0.0036, Full Feature Set running on MacBook Pro (2018) with MacOs 10.13.4.

Are you seeing this on all resources you try to hide or just some of them?

Posts 30
Marc Brule | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2018 5:37 AM

I'm trying to hide a number of latin and greek resources. Probably over 50. The are listed in the hidden resource box, yet still display as resources in the resource library box. I will take a second look and try something specific.

Posts 30
Marc Brule | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2018 5:46 AM

What I've discovered is that if I move a single resource, it works. If I try highlighting a group of resources then move them, it doesn't work. Do they have to moved individually -- one book at a time?

On another note, does moving these resources to the hide resources section remove them from my hard drive? What can I do if I need to free up some space?

Thanks for your help.

Posts 9076
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2018 1:41 PM

Marc Brule:
What I've discovered is that if I move a single resource, it works. If I try highlighting a group of resources then move them, it doesn't work. Do they have to moved individually -- one book at a time?

If you use the "drag to hidden resources"-method, yes. Hiding a group of selected resources will work from the library with Ctrl-Right-click, which gives you the option to hide. More details at http://wiki.logos.com/Hiding_books  

Running Logos 7 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 19838
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2018 1:50 PM

Marc Brule:
On another note, does moving these resources to the hide resources section remove them from my hard drive? What can I do if I need to free up some space?

Yes - hiding them removes them from your hard drive.

Posts 227
Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2018 8:31 PM
Marc Brule:

Thanks for your help.

Hi Marc: I found that when trying to hide a group of resources it takes time for them to be hidden. I have a fast iMac running 10.13.4 with a SSD and it sometimes will take 5 minutes or more for the library items to clear. It does help if you recycle your library on and off during the process. Also, things will move much faster if you limit the number of items you wish to hide at one time to around 5 or 10. And yes those items you choose to hide are removed from your hard drive. In Christ, Charles

2017 27" iMac 5K, Mojave, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 7+, iOS 12.0  

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS