Book Reading

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 28 2018 8:50 AM

I love reading books in Logos, but when I read a book on my IPhone, and then want to read it on my PC or Kindle fire tablet, they never sync to the current page or location.   Kindle book reading works so well going to the last place you have been reading no matter which device you use.  Is there a way the Logos syncs them properly?

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone5s            Logos 7, Bronze

Posts 593
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2018 9:12 AM

I set up reading plans when I want to read a book straight through. Even if I don't keep up with the plan, at least the reading plan will sync between devices so I know where I left off.

Posts 29033
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2018 11:15 AM

Chuck P.:
Is there a way the Logos syncs them properly

I partially agree that what you are seeking should be implemented... and it is. Kind of. 

The first step is to rightly understand what is going on. If someone only ever wanted to read a book from the first page to the last, the sync you describe would be desirable. However, Logos is a "digital study library." As such, the user may NOT want to read from first page to last. 

Consider this example: In a given week, "Pastor Smith" has Sunday morning & evening sermons, plus the Wednesday bible study. He may also have a wedding and a funeral to administer... in addition to his own personal devotions. There are potentially SIX different "places" he needs saved. To simply sync the location on the mobile device in relationship to the last place he had opened on his computer may not be desirable. 

Unfortunately, FL has yet to implement my ~5 year ago suggestion of "projects." You <should> be able to select a project on mobile and have the resource sync to where you left off on the SAME project on your other devices. Additionally, "projects" would be "Layout Agnostic" (I am using the term "layout" differently than does FL) so that your GIANT DUAL SCREEN desktop can have the titles arranged in a way that makes sense for that presentation, while your small laptop has them displayed completely differently. 

As it is now, it is kind of the worst of all worlds. However, here is what you can do: If you close out the resource on mobile (in all tabs!), it <should> open up to where you used it last on desktop. Emphasis on the "should." Tongue Tied

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2018 11:50 AM

Thanks, I try this...

Chuck

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2018 11:55 AM

Thanks...With your illustration, as a Bible teacher with 7,000 books in my library, I use saving my layouts for that.  I also do a lot of reading from cover to the end which I also save in my layouts, which work find for one device.   Just would be great to pick up any device and continue reading where I finished on another.

Chuck

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS