Wow, my first spam post

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 208
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 29 2018 12:31 PM

I was responding to the Latin post by Travis earlier, and somehow my post got flagged to be moderated. This is the first time since I have been using the forum this has happened, but in our fight against spam you are really going to flag my post about learning Latin? Wow.

Posts 3220
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 29 2018 2:40 PM

Your post count reset. (Did your email address change?)

Perhaps the automated spam protection thinks you're a new forum member?

Either way, I don't think it was intentional or deliberate (or even done by a moderator).

Posts 208
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 29 2018 2:50 PM

Yeah, I changed my email recently and my post count reset. Had over 1000 posts with my old email and it should have switched with my new email but Faithlife isn't that competent it would appear.

Posts 6417
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 29 2018 3:00 PM

Changing email, yep that’ll do it.

DAL

Posts 167
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2018 8:22 AM

Matt Hamrick:

...in our fight against spam you are really going to flag my post about learning Latin? Wow.

You seem to be personally offended.  Do you realize that an automated system did this, and not a basement-dwelling computer geek with a click-happy moderation finger? The automated system can't tell if you're posting about Latin or pork chop flavored dog treats.  It seems like a lot of trouble for a minor annoyance that has helped reduce a major annoyance.

Some days I think "I don't know how faithlife employees don't go mad from the constant bickering!" They seriously can't win!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS