NC Logos User Group

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2761
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 12 2010 11:09 AM

We are planning to meet this weekend in Greensboro NC if any of you can make it. I don't have my calendar so hoping our host will post the details and directions. We will be discussing our "favorite unique feature of Logos". I personally will bring my iPad and show off Logos on the iPad. That is assuming I can get there. Still in doubt, but am about 80 percent sure.

Posts 82
James Ng | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 12:35 PM

Where can I get more information on the NC Logos User Group?

Posts 62
Mike T | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 1:13 PM

We have planned to meet from 10 am to noon this Saturday, the 15th, at Starmount Forest Country Club.  After the meeting, hang out for lunch if you like.  Dress is casual. 

We would welcome any Logos user that would like to attend.  If you plan to attend, just drop me a note at mlt333 (at) hotmail (dot) com so that I know about how many to expect.

Hope to see everyone there!

Here is a link to the address (with directions):

http://starmountforest.com/viewCustomPage.aspx?id=5

Mike

Posts 10737
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 1:14 PM

James Ng:

Where can I get more information on the NC Logos User Group?

James

The meeting is this Saturday from 10-12 with lunch optional afterward @ Starmount Forest Country Club in Greensboro. Mike Taylor is acting as host, so I sent him a message requesting that he provide directions.

Edited as Mike answered while I was still typing.

Posts 654
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 3:30 PM

I'm helping start a user group in Colorado and was looking for advice and ideas about what people do in other groups, how often they meet, what topics they cover, how they conduct the time. Is it just open, or is it organized? Whatever ideas you can give me will be appreciated. Thanks.

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 82
James Ng | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 3:46 PM

Thank you. I'm unable to attend this coming one but I did email Mike to see about getting onto a mailing list for future events.

Posts 62
Mike T | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 5:31 AM

Jim:

I'm helping start a user group in Colorado and was looking for advice and ideas about what people do in other groups, how often they meet, what topics they cover, how they conduct the time. Is it just open, or is it organized? Whatever ideas you can give me will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, Jim

As we are also just starting, I don't know that I can give much feedback.  This will be only our second meeting.  We have decided to meet once a quarter, and pick at a topic at each meeting for the following one.  To be honest, our greatest challenge is to find Logos users.  Not everyone uses the forums...

Mike

Posts 10737
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 6:17 AM

Michael:
We have decided to meet once a quarter

I thought we said every other month. See you in the morning.

Posts 10737
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 6:25 AM

Jim:

Our first meeting was mostly a get acquainted session. We decided on a topic for the next meeting, but did no organization beyond that. The SE Virginia group may have more organization, but we will probably remain unsophisticated and informal.

As Mike said, the most difficult part is in finding Logos users. Someone from Morris Proctor's organization offered to publicize, but never responded to my followup email. If you find an effective means of publicity, please share your insight.

Posts 2761
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 6:55 PM

Sorry guys but I won't be able to make it tomorrow.

Keep me posted on the next one.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS