Need More Flexibility in How to Set/Change Book Rating

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 45
Rob Bailey | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 22 2018 9:52 AM

This seems like it should be an obvious feature to have in Logos 7, but I haven't seen anyone else discuss it.

The only places I've seen in Logos 7 to set or change a book's rating is in the Tiles view of the Library, or while viewing a book using the "circle i". Now, if I'm looking, for example, at all my commentaries on the Gospel of John in Detail view and want to set their rating, I have to go to Tiles view and change it. But in Tiles view, I cannot display them in the order that I rate them. To do that, I have to go back to Details view.Then, if I see that I didn't get my desired list in the correct order when sorted by rating, I have to go back to Tile view, make changes, then go back to Detail view where I can sort by rating. Am I missing something here? Please let me know if I am. Otherwise, could we add some flexibility to the Ratings feature? How about adding "Sort by Rating" to the Cover view also?

Also, as has been mentioned in a different post, it would be great to be able to have commentaries show up in my ranked order in the Passage Guide also.

Thanks!

Posts 9961
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 22 2018 10:26 AM

Rob Bailey:
Am I missing something here?

I may be mistaken, but it seems you are missing that you can change ratings in the library's Details view when you select the resource and use the (i) button to see the resource metadata - you even can select multiple resources there and assign the same rating to them. 

EDIT: from the blue as opposed to gold stars you'll see I'm not using the rating feature that often, so it's community ratings that are mostly shown.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 45
Rob Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 22 2018 6:49 PM

That’s it! I never noticed that before after looking all over the place. 

Thanks Mick!

Posts 9961
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 23 2018 1:25 AM

Glad to hear! Big Smile

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 66
Father Gregory | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2018 8:27 PM

How do you select more than 1 resource on a Mac?  Smile

Posts 17899
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2018 4:56 AM

Father Gregory:

How do you select more than 1 resource on a Mac?  Smile

Click a resource to select it.

Shift + Click to select range of resources (from initial selection to line for Shift + Click)

Command + Click to add a resource.

Logos wiki has Keyboard Shortcuts Mac with Logos & Verbum keyboard shortcuts (also in application Help) plus has link => Apple Support article has lots more

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS