Moody Bible Institute2010 Pastor's Conference Meetup opportunity

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 12 2010 1:51 PM

Kevin's post  on a visit from a forum member got me thinking.....

Last year I met a gentleman at the MBI pastor's conference and frighteningly enough he recognized me from the forums or newsgroups.    We chatted for a few moments - that was pleasant. 

Praise the Lord, I'm going to the MBI pastor's conference again this year (May 17-20) and was wondering if anyone here is also attending.  It might be a good excuse to plan some kind of a meet up there.

IIRC Wednesday afternoon is usually left open for study time Wink so that may or may not work for anyone. 

Sound of here if you are going and we'll see what we can do.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 106
Mark Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 2:52 PM

Thomas,

I believe that I was that gentlemen that touched base with you at the displays.  I am coming back up again this year.  It is an annual event for us here in Indiana.  So, I will look for you.  If you arrange a get-together, count me in.

Thanks,

Mark Martin

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 3:17 PM

That's right Mark!  Whew, sorry I'm so bad with names.  But I won't forget this year!  Confused

Posts 507
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 7:39 PM

I will be there as well. (been going every year for over 20 years)

Posts 446
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 9:03 PM

Hey Thomas. Unfortunately, my funds have been used up at Together for the Gospel conference. I am also a Moody alumnus and am looking for an excuse to revisit Chicago. I guess it will have to wait for the next Gospel Coalition conference...

Jonathan Sine

Pastor - Squamish Baptist Church

2 Cor. 4.6

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 8:35 AM

Johnathan, I think we'll see another GC in April of 2011.  I'll have to look into going.

Mark and Johnathan, I've been in touch with The Logos guy on campus, I'll see about setting up something of a semi-official meetup.

Posts 2
Joseph LaJoy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 10:05 AM

Hey Thomas,

Make sure you stop by the Logos booth and see me. It is good to know that you will be there this year.

I would love to meet all of the other Logos users also. Let me know when you all will be meeting and I'll see if I can make it.

Blessings my friend,

Joseph 

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 10:56 AM

Glad to hear you'll be there Joseph!  I'll look for you.  You know I'll be circling all the book tables in the exhibit hall :-) 

We're looking at perhaps Wed. afternoon - but I'm sure you'll be at the table then. 

I'm hoping Bobby Moss will be able to come up with a room for us to meet in.  Either way, we'll figure it out. 

Plans might have to wait till Monday when I get there.  I'll chase you both down and try to set something up.  Then I'll post it here.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 2:21 PM

OK, IF anyone can make it there's not much for free time - so what about at least meeting up for Breakfast Wed morning at 6:30? 

We'll just see what happens.   I'll be there and hungry!

Be sure to look up Joey LaJoy and Bobby Moss at the Logos Booth!

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2010 12:30 PM

Just a confirmation:

Breakfast with Bobby Moss from Logos Wednesday 6:30AM in the SDR.

Posts 25
Joe Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2010 2:46 PM

Have fun with the meetup Thomas... after all the time writing on the forums, maybe one day I will run into you as well brother.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 25 2010 9:59 AM

Well I did meet with Several Logos users at the conference, but none of them made it to breakfast. :-D  must have been too early.

Posts 106
Mark Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 25 2010 11:41 AM

Thomas,

Sorry that I missed you.  I went down to the cafeteria at 6:30am, picked up my breakfast and sat out there and waited for someone to show up.  Unfortunately, I didn't see you or Bobby, or the gentlemen from Logos.  So, like you, I assumed that no one else showed up.

Mark Martin

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS