BUG Resources download but don't show up in library

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 569
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 24 2018 6:09 AM

On one of my computers, I have a bunch of new resources that I try to download. It is about 3GB. It downloads all the way to 100%, but then nothing happens. The library does not index, it does not show any new resources as downloaded on the home page, nor are they in the library. 

I have attached a log file

Mac OS 10.13.4
Logos 7.15 SR1 (although tried to download under v7.12, 7.13, 7,14. V7,15 just now downloaded. Which means that program update download correctly.)

8244.LogosLogs.schumitinu.20180524-195906.zip

Posts 27281
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 24 2018 6:42 AM

Have you restarted your computer? Have you tried "rebuild index"?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 569
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 24 2018 6:37 PM

I have restarted it multiple times. But I have not tried to rebuild index. I'll try that and then post here again.

Posts 569
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 24 2018 6:41 PM

Maybe one more piece of information. The 3gb download, once it is downloaded I and I search for an update, it says no update available. However, once I have a new resource or program update to download, the 3GB show up again and the same thing happens again. It downloads it but the resources don't show up. I know that I'm missing resources by comparing it to the library on my other computer. It is about 200+ resources that I'm missing. But as I have said, I'll try the indexing first.

Posts 27281
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 24 2018 8:34 PM

Before you do (if you haven't already)... How much free space do you have? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2043
LogosEmployee

It doesn't look like the log file you collected shows anything about downloading. We need to see a log file from a time when the downloading occurs.

Posts 569
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2018 2:47 AM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

It doesn't look like the log file you collected shows anything about downloading. We need to see a log file from a time when the downloading occurs.

This is strange. I enabled logging and then opened Logos and downloaded the over 3GB while logging was running.

I have plenty of hard drive space. I rebuilt index. So far no change. still the same number of resources in my library. And when I go to look for an update non is available. I have to wait now till I make another purchase. Then I'll enable logging again before I download. 

Thanks for your help though

Posts 9870
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2018 3:03 AM

Schumitinu:
when I go to look for an update non is available.

Do you use the Update Now command for this? If you are lacking resources, your friend should be the Update Resources command, since it compares all of your local library with the resources you have licenses for as per the FL central license database. 

Others with more insights into the technical details may even point you to a file or folder you can delete and trigger a stalled download - possibly best after you upload logs.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2043
LogosEmployee

The log file does show some problems with authentication. You might try starting up with the Command key held down so that you can enter your user name and password again.

Posts 569
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 27 2018 6:18 AM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

The log file does show some problems with authentication. You might try starting up with the Command key held down so that you can enter your user name and password again.

This fixed it! Thank you!

NB.Mick:
your friend should be the Update Resources command

Thanks, NB.Mick, I learned something new.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS