Searching help for SEE and TOOK

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 10
Lindsay Kennedy | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 25 2018 8:34 AM

I'm sure this is a rookie mistake, but I've thoroughly read the search instructions and am having a hard time achieving what I am trying to do.

I am looking for places in Scripture where the two Hebrew words lying behind "see" and "took" occur in proximity. I'm looking for recurrences of the Fall narrative, beginning with Genesis 3.

Here's what I'm doing:

However, it's not showing up results for Ex 32, where "see" is in 32:1 and "took" is in 32:4 ("received") and 32:20. I know these words have the same roots, so I don't see my problem.

Posts 23963
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 25 2018 9:09 AM

Lindsay Kennedy:
However, it's not showing up results for Ex 32, where "see" is in 32:1 and "took" is in 32:4 ("received") and 32:20. I know these words have the same roots, so I don't see my problem.

Morph search and Bible search are constrained by verse boundaries which is why you aren't getting the results in Exodus 32

If you have access to the Morph Query Document you can do it there by setting a large "Search Span" (below I have set it to 20 verses)

Posts 10
Lindsay Kennedy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 25 2018 2:49 PM

Thank you, I didn't realize it was restricted by verses!

Posts 2437
LogosEmployee

If you are searching for proximity of the original language words, then you will always want to search an original language Bible rather than an English language Bible. Otherwise you will be getting incorrect results.

Note that you can use the "Add Versions" button on the results to add your English language Bible and view the corresponding results highlighted in that text.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS