Logos 8 on July?

Page 3 of 3 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 59 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 224
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2018 10:28 PM

James McAdams:

My guess is that the popcorn thing is a reference to a film - Fragments of Truth download release date announcement? Just a guess, though.

You might be right that Fragments of Truth will be available for purchase/download tomorrow. 

Something is in the works at least...

Posts 124
Dave Couch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2018 8:14 AM

Yep, preorders now open:

Posts 2083
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2018 8:53 AM

Clicking the blue ray + Faithlife tv option wants to charge $34 not the $29.99 shown on the preorder page.   

Posts 4365
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2018 11:55 AM

The $5 is for shipping of the DVD

Posts 4832
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2018 5:08 PM

abondservant:

60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours in a day, 365 days in a year. 2 years... Works out to be about 63,072,000 seconds.

In order for some to be happy, you have to release precisely between 63,071,999 - 63,072,001 seconds.

Watch it come out in September. Wink

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 214
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2018 8:25 PM

André Kamphuis:

Faithlife, are we right to conclude that the "big announcement" this morning was the availability of Fragments of Truth for pre-order OR the announcement of the integration of LiveSwap with Proclaim?

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 7856
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2018 7:17 PM

Daniel Radke:

André Kamphuis:

Faithlife, are we right to conclude that the "big announcement" this morning was the availability of Fragments of Truth for pre-order OR the announcement of the integration of LiveSwap with Proclaim?

Looking at the popcorn 🍿 it was definitely about the movie 🎥 

DAL

Posts 1095
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2018 8:09 PM

I am not really looking for Logos 8, 

I like what I have in Logos 7 still with many things I don't use fully, and Seven is the number of completeness and perfection (both physical and spiritual).

So I like Logos ( Gods Word ) and God resting on the 7th day.

Unless 8 has something that we just must have, it will be hard for me to upgrade, also money is a tight for me. WIth the last upgrade I may have most of what i need.

I thank Logos for all the programs and discounts that I got in the process of building my Library.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 1031
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2018 8:45 PM

I'm still in debt up to my eyeballs, paying off Logos 7. It was nice to have it all at once, but I don't think I'll ever do that again. Pay as you go is best.

Dale Heath

Posts 1031
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2018 8:52 PM

Lee:

Unless 8 has something that we just must have, it will be hard for me to upgrade, also money is a tight for me.

Logos 8 Starter should be very affordable for us who already have an L7 base package.

Dale Heath

Posts 5159
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2018 12:22 AM

Dale E Heath:

Lee:

Unless 8 has something that we just must have, it will be hard for me to upgrade, also money is a tight for me.

Logos 8 Starter should be very affordable for us who already have an L7 base package.

Dale Heath

and, long runs the fox... eventually the Logos 8 engine will be available without any further investment. This must be good news for those that find Logos 7 does everything they need and at best Logos 8 can only provide things that they desire.  :-)

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 741
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2018 3:54 PM

I don't remember them every saying it was a two-year release cycle. 

I don't think they have ever said anything about a release cycle.

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 29035
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2018 6:13 PM

Jerry Bush:
I don't think they have ever said anything about a release cycle.

Bob has done so, although I don't have a link. My recollection is that he mentioned moving towards a "two year" release cycle. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1514
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 14 2018 10:02 PM

mike:

(2) Make eBook reader for pdf, mobi & epub

Yes

L8 would be nice. It just better not be subscription-based.

Posts 54
LogosEmployee

Daniel Radke:

This announcement was about Fragments of Truth being available for pre-order

Posts 59
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 18 2018 7:29 AM

@Christina what is the run time of the FOT movie?

Posts 2872
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 19 2018 2:22 PM

MWW:

doc:

If you say 2 years then it’s 2 years, the same month every two years. None of this redefining what two years means to justify a change.

IMHO 'straining for gnats' 

I can't believe the silliness about this.  Wait, I did raise 4 children and am working on 12 grandchildren.  Well, I guess I can believe it.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1031
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 19 2018 2:40 PM

Josh:

@Christina what is the run time of the FOT movie?

1 hr. 15 min., which is a lot less than 2 yr.

Posts 7856
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 20 2018 2:36 AM

Michael Childs:

MWW:

doc:

If you say 2 years then it’s 2 years, the same month every two years. None of this redefining what two years means to justify a change.

IMHO 'straining for gnats' 

I can't believe the silliness about this.  Wait, I did raise 4 children and am working on 12 grandchildren.  Well, I guess I can believe it.

Wait, didn’t Jesus resurrect on the third day or three days later? Were they 3 full 24 hour days or just partial? I’m confused now 👍😁👌 Not!!! 😂😜😁

DAL

Posts 973
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 16 2018 10:25 AM

I started on Logos with Logos 6 and a free one-year Logos Now subscription. The features I previewed were what prompted me to upgrade when Logos 7 came out (along with the good price-point Logos 7 Bronze from dynamic pricing).

I did a Faithlife Connect free trial and wasn't as impressed with the newer features. I hope Logos focuses on the best most helpful/useful features for Logos 8 and executes them well, and doesn't just add stuff just for the sake of adding stuff. Logos 7 didn't exactly match Logos 6 plus Logos Now. I wonder if the same will be true with Logos 8.

Page 3 of 3 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS