Best Commentaries sale

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2830
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 30 2018 9:21 AM

We are in the last days of one of the best Faithlife sales that I remember.  It is the best commentaries sale, which relies heavily on the ratings of https://www.bestcommentaries.com . All of these commentaries available in Logos (except the ones published by Baker) are 50% off.

I just added all of them that I did not have, plus one by Baker.  I used my $20 May birthday gift, and added the one from Baker to the shopping cart, making it almost half off as well.  My total came to $492, and everyone an important addition to my library.

One cannot always afford bargains, so not everyone can take advantage.  But it is very rare that every book in a sale is of value.  To me, these are.  It was worth every penny.  If you are able, consider some of these before the sale ends after tomorrow.

This is far more valuable to me than any upgrade sale.  Just my opinion, for what it is worth.  

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2130
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 30 2018 9:52 AM

I have to agree.  Other than base packages, this is the best sale ever.

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 30 2018 12:16 PM

I agree. This is a very good sale. I just happen to be one of those who can't take advantage of the sale this time. The timing is not good for me, but there will be another time. Smile

Posts 13
Juseong Hwang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 30 2018 3:43 PM

My OT library was weaker, so I bought some OT commentaries (with a few NT ones), but I still don't make decisions on some technical OT commentaries like AYB and JPS because I'll use them mostly for devotional use/ bible study/ preach. 

Posts 9112
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 30 2018 7:22 PM

Michael, I agree that this was a very good idea and a great opportunity. As you mentioned, it is too bad that not every publisher was on-board, but most were.

I bought three commentaries, not so many as you, but three I wanted. I am grateful for the very good prices I paid. It sounds like you did very well, too.

In the past when base collections had more good commentaries I obtained some bargains when buying a new library. More recently that has not been the case. This certainly is one of the best sales I've ever seen FL offer. Kudos to them.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 53
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 31 2018 6:59 AM

Mark Smith:

Michael, I agree that this was a very good idea and a great opportunity. As you mentioned, it is too bad that not every publisher was on-board, but most were.

I bought three commentaries, not so many as you, but three I wanted. I am grateful for the very good prices I paid. It sounds like you did very well, too.

In the past when base collections had more good commentaries I obtained some bargains when buying a new library. More recently that has not been the case. This certainly is one of the best sales I've ever seen FL offer. Kudos to them.

Thank you for the upbeat post Mark; I also picked up three commentaries that I wanted and was very pleased to get them. I don't post my thanks as often as I should, so thank you Logos for a great sale. Still trying to get used to "Faithlife" rather than Logos.

Posts 1419
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 31 2018 9:28 AM

I too would like to thank Faithlife.

Between the March Madness and Best Commentaries sales, it's been the best sales year I can remember.  During March Madness I was able to update/complete my NIC, WBC, and Pillar Commentary sets, and purchase a couple of other sets as well.  And during this Best Commentaries sale, I was able to pick up 17 individual volumes.  I spent far more than I would normally consider in such a short time-frame, but the resources were of such value and the prices so good, I decided to make the most of the sales and put off until a later date some non-Logos purchases I had been planning to make.

So thank you Faithlife!  These sales not only went a long, long way in helping me round out my library with several resources that have been on my wish-list for quite a while--they also made it possible for me to add several individual highly ranked volumes that I wouldn't have been able to purchase under more typical sales prices.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS