No PrePub Pricing on New Beacon Bible Commentary Upgrade (NBBC) (6 vols.)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 5248
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 30 2018 3:03 PM

With shipping happening in under 2 weeks it seems a good time to ask why was there no prepub pricing on this set yes a few pennies are dropped but I full expected to see the price adjusted on this set as it has on numerous other prepub items that had initially unusually high price tags on them? What prevents any of us from cancelling our orders to purchase at a time they actually may go on sale or when is more convenient for our budget? Perhaps there is a good reason why there can be no discount to speak of... Indeed per volume they even work out to be a higher price than the 29 set.

-dan

Posts 672
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 31 2018 9:53 AM

NBBC link: https://www.logos.com/product/148374/new-beacon-bible-commentary

Upgrade link: https://www.logos.com/product/150634/new-beacon-bible-commentary-upgrade

The upgrade ships on 6-12-2018. I canceled my pre-pub order yesterday because it's priced too high for me. I don't own the NBBC and didn't want to get stuck with some overpriced orphans. I was hoping to pick up the NBBC during the commentary sales, but it never went on sale. Does it ever go on sale?

I'm out, Dale Heath

Posts 82
LogosEmployee

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately, due to contractual restraints, we can't discount this product. 

Kristina

Dan Francis:

With shipping happening in under 2 weeks it seems a good time to ask why was there no prepub pricing on this set yes a few pennies are dropped but I full expected to see the price adjusted on this set as it has on numerous other prepub items that had initially unusually high price tags on them? What prevents any of us from cancelling our orders to purchase at a time they actually may go on sale or when is more convenient for our budget? Perhaps there is a good reason why there can be no discount to speak of... Indeed per volume they even work out to be a higher price than the 29 set.

-dan

Posts 5248
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 31 2018 4:40 PM

Kristina Vandiver (Faithlife):
Unfortunately, due to contractual restraints, we can't discount this product. 

Hoped it was just an oversight, thank you for your letting me know.

-dan

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2018 1:21 PM

I have the others but I cancelled my prep yesterday too. No reason not to wait and see if a better deal comes along down the road. Good luck FL working on this on our behalf..

Posts 267
Roger Dittmar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2018 6:22 PM

I'm out.

Posts 1830
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2018 4:16 AM

I’m still in!

Posts 5248
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2018 11:42 AM

Kenneth Neighoff:

I’m still in!

I likely will remain but it is very tempting to drop out.... this doesn't quite feel right for the way Logos normally operates but then again I am seeing this more and more a baker book released in Olivetree was full price and when I inquired I was told the publisher wouldn't allow any discount (this was for a ebook released the same day as the hard copy, so in fact it was a few dollars more than what you could order it for on Amazon). If this becomes standard I can see it as a serious threat to ebooks/ Bible software. With no discount many would prefer hard copy with an actual discount of 30%

-dan

Posts 5248
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2018 12:04 PM

More I think about more upsetting it is... please email customercare@thefoundrypublishing.com and let them know of your displeasure.. While Logos no longer is the only distributor they were the official partner at one time. This feels very unfair while they still offer 30% discounts to customers subscribing which is more or less what a prepub is.

-dan

Posts 267
Roger Dittmar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2018 1:38 PM

I am actually interested in only two of the six volumes. The lack of a discount just made it easier to decide to wait and purchase those volumes separately.

Posts 4913
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2018 8:42 PM

I‘m not signing up for it either, if a better deal comes along someday I’ll consider these but not at full price for a prepub offering. I am not short of commentarie.

Posts 5248
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2018 12:21 PM

I am not sure anything will come of it but they did write me and say they would see what they could do and acknowledging that the average discount in the past was 23% off... I did some additional searching and found that the discount at stores like CBD for hard copy is only 10% but still worry that future pre-pubs may fail with no discount of any kind.

-dan

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS