BUG- Text Comparison -OK let's try this one more time

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1891
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 7 2018 5:30 AM

In light of Mark Ward's blog regarding setting up Logos similar to BW I would like to revisit an annoying bug with the text comparison tool. I have commented on this numerous times before, but it is still unresolved.

When I link the TC to a Biblical text and scroll down the Biblical text using the up and down verse arrows, the TC does not keep up. Below are two screenshots. The first is where I start and everything is linked. I then hit the down arrow to go down two verses in the bible and you can see from the second screenshot that the TC is not linked.

I am using a 2011 MBP updated with the latest OS; L7 latest stable version and FL Connect no library. This problem started when the TC was no longer limited to a verse or pericope.

I have also shown the scaling I use in the event that is the cause of the issue in the last screenshot.

Thanks!

Posts 1128
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2018 5:36 AM

John Fidel:

I am using a 2011 MBP updated with the latest OS; L7 latest stable version and FL Connect no library. This problem started when the TC was no longer limited to a verse or pericope.

I'm having the same problem under Windows 10.

Posts 1891
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2018 5:45 AM

Thank you for confirming the issue HJ!

Posts 19566
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2018 6:00 AM

John Fidel:
When I link the TC to a Biblical text and scroll down the Biblical text using the up and down verse arrows, the TC does not keep up. Below are two screenshots. The first is where I start and everything is linked. I then hit the down arrow to go down two verses in the bible and you can see from the second screenshot that the TC is not linked.

It's strange that the reference box in the TC panel stays in sync - but the actual text doesn't

(And I see the same on Windows 10 running Logos 7.16 beta 2)

Posts 1891
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2018 6:27 AM

Thanks Graham for testing and confirming. Maybe they can get it fixed. 

Posts 1891
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 13 2018 2:29 PM

I am bumping this since there have not been any FL staff acknowledging the bug.

Thanks

Posts 670
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 14 2018 6:41 AM

Yes - this has been an ongoing issue for me. I have to close the Text Comparison window periodically and reopen it for it to work.

Posts 1716
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 8:34 AM

John Fidel:

I am bumping this since there have not been any FL staff acknowledging the bug.

Thanks

John,

We do have an open case for this bug. It has also been brought to the team's attention. I don't know when we will be able to get it fixed.

Posts 1891
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 1:25 PM

Thanks. I will wait quietly now for the fix.

Posts 273
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 18 2018 8:50 AM

Philana R. Crouch:

John,

We do have an open case for this bug. It has also been brought to the team's attention. I don't know when we will be able to get it fixed.

Yes

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS