Passage Lists

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 223
Bruce Junkermann | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 13 2010 1:44 PM

Can I only add one passage at a time using the add ref feature?  I seem to remember that with L3 I could type many refs at one time and add them all at once. 

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 2:35 PM

BruceJunkermann:

Can I only add one passage at a time using the add ref feature?  I seem to remember that with L3 I could type many refs at one time and add them all at once. 

You can still do this. You can select a group of passages from somewhere else and use the copy paste function, or you can highlight the text that contains the passages you want to add and drag that into the list.

Posts 5
Dennis Hodge | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2010 7:21 PM

I often used passage list adding when copying a series of references off of paper.  Now I need to add them one at a time?  I can't even add "John 1:1,3" at once for example.  I need to:

Click add, click text box.  Enter jn 1.1

Click add, click text box.  Enter jn 1.3

Even when they add paste from clipboard, I'll need to type it somewhere else and paste it!

Posts 26512
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2010 7:46 PM

Okay, I was trying to test this for you and discovered I'm Logos ignorant. Why do I get a passage list with no entries when I use this option? Even if my note is a test note of all valid references!

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2010 8:26 PM

MJ. Smith:
Why do I get a passage list with no entries when I use this option? Even if my note is a test note of all valid references!

References created by Add Note are not included in a PL!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 26512
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2010 8:30 PM

Dave Hooton:

So if I "save as passage list" on a note file I get an empty passage list? Talk about absurd - no wonder my logic is falling apart today. Geeked

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2010 8:46 PM

Dave Hooton:

MJ. Smith:
Why do I get a passage list with no entries when I use this option? Even if my note is a test note of all valid references!

Sounds like a bug or missing functionality they forgot to think about.

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 12:11 AM

If you add a note by right clicking the verse or passage and selecting reference, a Passage list will be generated for those verses or passages. References that are manually typed into a note file are not picked up in the passage list.

I agree that this is indeed a bug; as all passage referecnes that L4 recognizes as a verse link should be picked up when a passage list is created.  

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 12:46 AM

Rosie Perera:

LOL! Quote of the day, Rosie.

I'll create a wiki bug report so they can begin to remember what they may have forgottenSmile

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 3:29 AM

MJ. Smith:
Okay, I was trying to test this for you and discovered I'm Logos ignorant. Why do I get a passage list with no entries when I use this option? Even if my note is a test note of all valid references!

Hey, I hadn't noticed that before. Good thing I didn't notice it and assume it worked when I was working on the wiki page!

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 3:48 AM

Dave Hooton:

Rosie Perera:

LOL! Quote of the day, Rosie.

I'll create a wiki bug report so they can begin to remember what they may have forgottenSmile

Ha ha! Maybe we need a qotd (quote of the day) thread to showcase some of our funnier (unintentional) utterances, especially ones that are particularly funny when taken out of context. I really wasn't trying to be funny. Glad you got a chuckle, though. When I worked at Microsoft, I used to collect funny quotes from everyone in our team (they'd send them to me when they caught colleagues uttering a doozie) and post them on my office door. It was a fun source of amusement, and I got lots of visitors dropping by my office to see the latest ones.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 8:19 AM

MJ. Smith:

We'll take a look into this, thanks.

Update:  This is by design, and it doesn't appear that a change to current design is being considered at this time.

Posts 26512
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 12:57 PM

Fred Chapman:
If you add a note by right clicking the verse or passage and selecting reference, a Passage list will be generated for those verses or passages. References that are manually typed into a note file are not picked up in the passage list.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm glad to know that it has some functional capability. Unfortunately, I don't link notes to verse in that manner much of the time because many of my notes apply to multiple citations - comparisons of narratives with similar structures e.g. call of a prophet etc., sources of the mitzvot, etc.

Now can you explain to me why, when I highlight a note's text, it becomes unhighlighted the moment I click on add in the passage list? What does Logos have against my notes that it doesn't want me to make passage lists from them ... I honestly wasn't testing with illicit translations or canons. Stick out tongue

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 7:02 PM

MJ. Smith:
Now can you explain to me why, when I highlight a note's text, it becomes unhighlighted the moment I click on add in the passage list? What does Logos have against my notes that it doesn't want me to make passage lists from them ... I honestly wasn't testing with illicit translations or canons.

To quote you from another thread that would take a logician. I did work in my younger years in a logistics environment; but that won't help anyone with notes. Sad

Are you sure you did not have any Gnostic gospels open in the backgroundSurprise

Posts 223
Bruce Junkermann | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 7:04 PM

Would someone from Logos also take a look at being able to type in multiple references in the add box as well as being able to display the entire passage rather than just several verses with "..." at the end.  Thanks.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 28 2010 2:00 PM

BruceJunkermann:

Would someone from Logos also take a look at being able to type in multiple references in the add box as well as being able to display the entire passage rather than just several verses with "..." at the end.  Thanks.

You'll be able to add mutliple references in a future release. The passage list displays a preview, which is limited by design.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS