Moving Highlights from one Note File to Another Quickly

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 18
Michael Faltas | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 12 2018 3:16 PM

I am looking for the fastest way to move a large number of highlights from one note file to another. Please help.

Posts 3505
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2018 5:43 PM

Unfortunately, there isn’t a fast or easy way to move a large number of notes from one note file to another. Sorry!

However, this will be a non-issue later this year when the new notes system is available to everyone.

Once our notes get migrated to the new notes system, they will no longer be stored in note files.

If you’re curious, you can check out the web app, which is where the new notes system is being developed. (Just be aware that your current notes won’t show up yet on the new notes system.)

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 18
Michael Faltas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2018 6:02 PM

Thanks. My problem was that my solid colors note file was getting too large (12000 highlights) so it was becoming heavy and difficult to manipulate and even to add any highlights. 

So how will the new notes system resolve these two issues (or maybe it is one issue really)? Will there be no more limit to note files, or will it be easy to move highlights from one note "file" (or whatever it is going to be called) to another?

Posts 3505
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2018 6:12 PM

The new notes system won’t have or use note files at all, so you won’t have to worry about any file limits or slowness or moving notes between files.

You’d have to try out the new notes system on the web app, to get a feel for how the new notes can be organized.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 18
Michael Faltas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2018 8:24 PM

I gave it a try and it really looks great! The only improvement I would have is that I wish they would have a filter by author as well. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS