Lexicon Reformatting Dataset AND Links to open Panels (See link)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Austin Decker | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 21 2018 3:01 PM

I'm trying to get my Logos 7 with BDAG to copy what the video does in this link below:

https://www.logos.com/product/45626/lexicon-reformatting-dataset

With that said, my logos easily does the "outline formatting" on BDAG, but I can't seem to get Logos to highlight all of the contexts of the passage I'm studying when I'm reading that entries information in BDAG.

Hope that makes sense. The video in the link should help you understand.

Here is an example.

Lets say I'm studying the word "Blessed" in Matt. 5:3, so I right click it and then click the lemma, and then I click bdag. Now, I want Logos to highlight every time any verse in Matthew 5ish to 7ish is used by the bdag under that Lemma's entry in Bdag. The video above can do this, but a Logos rep on the phone didn't know how to do this and said the video was out dated, and told me to come to the forums. This is my first post. :)

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 21 2018 3:09 PM

Austin Decker:
Lets say I'm studying the word "Blessed" in Matt. 5:3, so I right click it and then click the lemma, and then I click bdag. Now, I want Logos to highlight every time any verse in Matthew 5ish to 7ish is used by the bdag under that Lemma's entry in Bdag. The video above can do this, but a Logos rep on the phone didn't know how to do this and said the video was out dated, and told me to come to the forums. This is my first post. :)

Welcome, Austin.

You're looking for the "Emphasise Active References" visual filter. (The visual filter menu are the three circles placed in a triangular shape, as I'm sure you know). It used to be called "Links to Open Panels", which is what it's called in the video.

However, it will only highlight the verse(s) that are currently selected in your open Bible(s). If you want to highlight all the references in Matthew 5ish to 7ish, you'll have to select that text in the Bible first. Otherwise it's likely only to highlight the reference at the top of your Bible.

If any of that isn't clear, please feel free to follow up with any questions.

Posts 6
Austin Decker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 21 2018 3:16 PM

Thanks. That makes sense.

It seems a nice feature is lacking from Logos though because the way the video did it was really nice and easy. Instead of selecting all the verses in your bible in order to make BDAG highlight them, you just had to select "Link to open panels" on both visual filters and it highlighted everything in the bdag entry even if I had just selected the word "Blessed"in Matthew 5:3. From what Mark said, it seems there is no way to do what the video does without selecting a large portion scripture?

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 21 2018 3:48 PM

Austin Decker:
It seems a nice feature is lacking from Logos though because the way the video did it was really nice and easy. Instead of selecting all the verses in your bible in order to make BDAG highlight them, you just had to select "Link to open panels" on both visual filters and it highlighted everything in the bdag entry even if I had just selected the word "Blessed"in Matthew 5:3. From what Mark said, it seems there is no way to do what the video does without selecting a large portion scripture?

If selecting is a problem, you could just type Matthew 5-7 in your Bible reference box and press Enter. It's what's in that reference box that matters.

I'm not entirely sure why Matthew 5:11 gets emphasised on the video. That's not normal behaviour.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS