Bible Word Study: set Bible

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
JLB | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 14 2010 12:11 PM

KjV is set on home page in in Library as a 5. Every time I do a Bible Word Study Results of each word is in ESV. Verified setting in Library and restarted Logos to no avail. Please Help!

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 12:42 PM

Hi,

I think you just need to set up your prefered bible.

Assuming Logos 4. On the home page on the bottom left is a customize button. Click this and make sure "Choose Prefered Bible" is selected.

On the ribbon, set your prefered bible to KjV.

This worked for me.

Regards,

Clinton

Posts 2
JLB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 3:47 PM

Yea, Clinton I am using Logos 4 on a mac. all settings as you said is done. Still the same problem. Maybe just need to post it as a Mac issue.

Posts 19185
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 3:53 PM

Lee, you might consider not using your email address as your display name on the forum. Web bots scour the internet looking for email addresses and you're likely to get more spam this way. Here's how to change your forum display name (you need to follow all the instructions): http://wiki.logos.com/Changing_Forum_Display_Name

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 9:56 PM

leebowmanjr@yahoo.com:
Maybe just need to post it as a Mac issue.

Hi,

Good plan. I'm on windows so not much good can come of me trying to help. I missed the fact that it was a mac posting. Attribute that to a short attention sp

Posts 5243
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 2:30 AM

Hi Lee.

I am not sure that I understand completely your post :-(

The Preferred Bible is set on the Ribbon on the Home Page of L4Mac  alpha 19.1.

Once that is set it should be honoured by the program.

Is this aberration only affecting Bible Word Study or does it carry over to other parts of the programme?

Tootle pip 

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 3:00 AM

Hi Lee

I've done a test for you: with the ESV set as preferred Bible on the ribbon on the Home Page a Bible Word Study on 'love' generates 458 Hebrew results and 286 Greek results. When the KJV is set on the Home Page, the same Bible Word Study generates 195 Hebrew results and 222 Greek results.

As a result, it would seem that Bible Word Study does (or should!?) honour the setting on the Home Page. If this is not the case for you, you should post your logs for the developers.

I hope this helps.

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 19185
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 3:22 AM

Bible Word Study only works with Bibles that have Interlinear capabilities and will default to one that does if you've got a preferred Bible that doesn't. Maybe you are missing the KJV interlinear data. Or maybe you have selected the wrong edition of the KJV as your preferred Bible. I have two, and only the 1900 edition has interlinear. Here's the Support info from that resource:

LLS:KJV1900
2010-04-28T18:52:27Z
KJV1900.logos4

RVI:KJV1900NT
2010-04-28T14:21:04Z
KJV1900NT.lbsrvi

RVI:KJV1900OT
2010-04-28T14:34:23Z
KJV1900OT.lbsrvi

The other one, the 1769 edition (called The King James Version, rather than King James Version) does not have RI. Here's the Support info for that resource:

LLS:1.0.3
2009-10-29T18:36:44Z
KJV.logos4

Open your KJV panel, click on the info icon (i), and check what you've got there. And if you've got more than one KJV, make sure you've picked the right one as your preferred Bible. (I'm assuming the Mac version works similarly to the Windows version for looking this info up.)

Posts 5243
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 6:21 AM

For a girl that knows a lot - is rough that she doesn't know enough to buy a MacWink

Rosie

What a helpful post - thank you.

Tootle pip

Mike 

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 28
Pastor Lloy B. Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 7:17 AM

Thankx Rosie,

this post finally solved the problem for me.

Posts 19185
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 4:16 PM

Mike Binks:

For a girl that knows a lot - is rough that she doesn't know enough to buy a MacWink

I know enough that I don't need to buy a Mac. Macs are for those who don't like having to hassle with operating system complexity. I thrive on it! Smile All my hard-earned knowledge would be put to waste if I got a Mac. Seriously, I've never been tempted to switch. There's still so much more I can do on a Windows machine that I haven't fully discovered yet that I am not yearning after things people who have Macs claim that only they can do.

Posts 43
Abraham M. Payton Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 8:28 PM

Lee: Thank you for the question. I had the same issue with my PC version.

Rosie: Thank you for the response. After reading your reply I changed my Preferred Bible to the Reverse Interlinear version and...problem solved!

Abraham

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 16 2010 1:49 AM

Rosie Perera:

Mike Binks:

I know enough that I don't need to buy a Mac. Macs are for those who don't like having to hassle with operating system complexity. I thrive on it! Smile All my hard-earned knowledge would be put to waste if I got a Mac. Seriously, I've never been tempted to switch. There's still so much more I can do on a Windows machine that I haven't fully discovered yet that I am not yearning after things people who have Macs claim that only they can do.

Complexity observation: Intel Mac is most versatile computer platform currently available, including Windows (in Virtual Machine or BootCamp).  Option to compile and run open source software using Apple's XCode compiler and X11.  Discovery opportunities greater than Windows alone Wink

One complexity not miss on Mac is malware detection and cleanup Devil

Thanks for Bible Word Study tip.  Mac Alpha 19.1 not have info icon so used Logos 4.0c in Windows virtual machine to expand personal boundary of ignorance.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS