Free Book of the Month: July 2018

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 637
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 1 2018 2:37 AM

The FBOTM for July 2018 is live and it isn't a book at all but a Mobile Ed course: NT308 The Reliability of New Testament Manuscripts (1 hour course) by Craig Evans www.logos.com/free-book-of-the-month

By following the link you will see that, for $9.99, you can also pick up BI181 Introducing Bible Translations (2 hour course) by Mark Strauss. This represents a saving of 85%.

A third course, for $19.99 which is an 81% discount, is NT309 Critical Issues in the Synoptic Gospels (3 hour course) by Craig Keener.

Many thanks Logos! Smile

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 1 2018 2:53 AM

Thanks Gordon, and FL!

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 1 2018 4:51 AM

Thank you, Gordon.  Thanks, FL.

Posts 547
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 1 2018 6:00 AM

Wow..  Nice.. Thank you FL..

Posts 1081
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 1 2018 6:19 AM

Thanks Gordon and especially FL. I had my eyes on all three for a small project so seeing them now all together was great.

Posts 156
Rob Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 1 2018 9:50 AM

getting all three now, wonderful!

Posts 3730
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 1 2018 10:36 AM

Thanks FL, even though I choose no course purchases. I can still be thankful for the choice. 

PTL!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 1488
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 1 2018 10:36 AM

Daily Deal seems to have been overlooked with all the excitement of all the new offers on the first day of the month.

Posts 1492
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 1 2018 11:12 AM

https://verbum.com/free-book-of-the-month

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 637
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 1 2018 2:45 PM

The Faithlife Ebooks FBOTM is by Paul David Tripp, and has two other books by the same author at a discount.

https://ebooks.faithlife.com/free-book-of-the-month

Posts 637
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 1 2018 3:00 PM

If you like this month's free and heavily discounted Mobile Ed courses, consider bidding on Mobile Ed OT300 Old Testament Theology by Bruce K. Waltke:

www.logos.com/product/149558/mobile-ed-ot300-old-testament-theology.

Waltke is a really big name in Old Testament studies, it's a whopping 16 hour course, and it's already 80% funded at the $150 price-point which represents a 73% saving.

Posts 1530
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 1 2018 5:26 PM

Gordon Jones:

If you like this month's free and heavily discounted Mobile Ed courses, consider bidding on Mobile Ed OT300 Old Testament Theology by Bruce K. Waltke:

www.logos.com/product/149558/mobile-ed-ot300-old-testament-theology.

Waltke is a really big name in Old Testament studies, it's a whopping 16 hour course, and it's already 80% funded at the $150 price-point which represents a 73% saving.

I'm on board ...have been from the get-go and hope to see the traction really start to take hold on this course.

Personally, while I like the Mobile Ed format in general, I think topics such as this one are some of the best suited for Mobile Ed -- even better than Bible Book study courses.  I say that because there are so many commentary options to choose from on individual books of the Bible, and you can usually buy many, many, commentaries on a particular book of the Bible for a lot less than a Mobile Ed Course on it.  I don't at all mean to discourage anyone from ME Bible book study courses--I've purchased my share and have benefited greatly from them.  But for my money, topics such as this one on Old Testament Theology are where the Mobile Ed format can shine the brightest.

So if you have any interest in this topic, please consider what you can afford and place a bid.  If $150 is over your limit, consider bidding what you know you can handle.  And remember, you can remove your bid if your circumstances change, and as with all Logos resources, you have 30 days to review the resource when it does come out and return it if your financial situation has changed or you're not 100% satisfied with the course.

There's really nothing to lose.  Smile

Posts 9529
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 1 2018 5:57 PM

As usual, much appreciated. I picked up all three courses.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 59
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 2 2018 8:58 AM

Gordon Jones:

The FBOTM for July 2018 is live and it isn't a book at all but a Mobile Ed course: NT308 The Reliability of New Testament Manuscripts (1 hour course) by Craig Evans www.logos.com/free-book-of-the-month

How does it differ from the Fragments of Truth? 

https://faithlife.com/fragments-of-truth?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=faithlife-fragmentsannouncejune052018&utm_campaign=promo-fragmentsoftruth 

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 2 2018 10:12 AM

Yes

Posts 402
LogosEmployee
Miles Custis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 2 2018 10:50 AM

Josh:
How does it differ from the Fragments of Truth? 

NT308 The Reliability of New Testament Manuscripts is a traditional Mobile Ed course. It was filmed in our studio and is more of an academic lecture type presentation by Craig Evans (divided into several individual segments). Fragments of Truth was filmed at several different locations and is a documentary and includes a variety of interviews.

Fragments of Truth is a video only resource, while the Mobile Ed course includes a transcript resource that is searchable and shows up in Logos library searches. The transcript resource has learning objectives and reading links to relevant resources for each segment and a final exam you can use to assess your learning. The course also has screencast videos showing how to use Logos for various tasks related to the course content.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 2 2018 11:41 AM

Tom Reynolds:

"Dangerous Calling: Confronting the Unique Challenges of Pastoral Ministry"

Wow. Even the pastors have to be careful going to church. Who'd have thought.

Of course understandably, pastors are the only ones who aren't supposed to sin (political theology 101).

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 59
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 3 2018 9:56 AM

Miles Custis:

Fragments of Truth is a video only resource, while the Mobile Ed course includes a transcript resource that is searchable and shows up in Logos library searches. 

In terms of content, how does it differ?

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS