I'm trying to decide between two books

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2331
Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 3 2018 6:57 PM

Unfortunately I can't speak for either of those two titles. I can, however, give you my philosophy on the birthday credit... I typically look through the resources on sale first. If there is something I want/need on sale, the credit goes further!

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 55
Thaddeus Billman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 3 2018 9:13 PM

If you are interested in a scholarly book on miracles, then Keener's work can't be beat.  Yes  

Posts 10
Rokas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 3 2018 9:14 PM

Check the reviews on Amazon.

Posts 618
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 3 2018 9:58 PM

I haven't read Church History vol 1, but I did read volume 2. I learned a lot and have put vol 1 on my wish list as a result. (Note - Vol 1 is by a different author though).

Posts 941
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 3 2018 11:15 PM

I agree with JT.

My first approach with a birthday credit is to buy something from my wishlist that's on sale that month.

If nothing, I'll look to buy something from my wishlist that I'd never buy at full price - ideally something that keeps the net cost down to $10 or less.

Final thought is whether a book warrants Logos tagging. I prefer to have all my books in my Faithlife apps, but some books can be bought incredibly cheaply as ebooks and maybe don't need to be within the Faithlife ecosystem.

Posts 1422
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 5 2018 12:34 AM

Thaddeus Billman:

If you are interested in a scholarly book on miracles, then Keener's work can't be beat.  Yes  

I have that book. It is kind of interesting, but may take a long time to read it.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 2331
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 5 2018 12:29 PM

Thanks for all the replies.  I went back and forth several times and couldn't chose one over the other - so I just got both.  Big Smile

Posts 408
Ken Shawver | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 5 2018 1:05 PM

They're still doing the birthday coupons? Thought they stopped that as I haven't seen one for a couple of years.

Choose wisely  Big Smile

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6 True Life LCD; Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 8GB RAM, Win 10, Chrome 70

http://wiki.logos.com/

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS