Two Accounts on the Same Machine?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27
Shannon L. Newsome | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 7 2018 4:02 PM

Is it possible to have two accounts on the same machine? I have a large library with my original account, but would like to be able to run Basic 7 for demo purposes with others. Thanks in advance!

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 7 2018 4:09 PM

That is not a problem as long as the different Logos accounts are in different windows account profiles.

Posts 6226
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 7 2018 4:29 PM

You would think that all you have to do is sign out and log in with the different username, but I guess is not as simple as that. 🤔

Posts 200
Dudley C Rose | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 7 2018 5:20 PM

DAL:

You would think that all you have to do is sign out and log in with the different username, but I guess is not as simple as that. 🤔

Actually, it is that easy. I recently set up a new Logos account and signed up for Logos Basic with it for the very same reasons the OP had in mind.. When you start Logos, hold the control key and then sign into whichever account you want. It will open with the library, etc. for that account. If you don't hold the control key, Logos will simply open in the last account with which you signed in.

Posts 6226
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 7 2018 6:18 PM

Dudley C. Rose:

DAL:

Actually, it is that easy. I recently set up a new Logos account and signed up for Logos Basic with it for the very same reasons the OP had in mind.. When you start Logos, hold the control key and then sign into whichever account you want. It will open with the library, etc. for that account. If you don't hold the control key, Logos will simply open in the last account with which you signed in.

Wow, Thanks for the tip!

DAL

Posts 17877
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 7 2018 10:17 PM

Shannon Newsome:
Is it possible to have two accounts on the same machine? I have a large library with my original account, but would like to be able to run Basic 7 for demo purposes with others.

Personally have large library in Logos 7 application (using my older Faithlife account login) while Verbum 7 application has my newer Faithlife account with order total of $ 0.00 that is useful for demonstrations. Thankful that Logos 7 and Verbum 7 applications can be used at the same time.

FYI: having two Faithlife accounts has allowed me to transfer a number of shared documents to my Basic account, which has improved performance in large library account (after deleting documents: e.g. Canonical Collections).

Mark Barnes summarized two account options => https://community.logos.com/forums/p/170585/985528.aspx#985528

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 27
Shannon L. Newsome | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2018 4:52 AM

Thanks for the help! I have decided to go the Verbum route, but when I type the command "Set Verbum to No," I don't get anything but a search. However, I still think this is very close to what I'm looking for!

Posts 648
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 8:16 PM

Shannon L. Newsome:

Thanks for the help! I have decided to go the Verbum route, but when I type the command "Set Verbum to No," I don't get anything but a search. However, I still think this is very close to what I'm looking for!

I've done the same thing on my machine. I use Logos for my main account and Verbum for my test account.

The "Set Verbum to No" command only works if you have one of the Verbum feature sets (Starter or Full). So if you just have Basic (including Verbum basic) that command does not work.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS