Announcing a Logos 7 base package under $100!

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 861
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 9 2018 12:27 PM

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce Logos 7 Fundamentals, an essentials-only collection of books and features for under $100.

Purposefully lean, this is our package for people who want to dig into Scripture for themselves without getting overwhelmed—and without breaking the bank.

What’s in it?

Logos 7 Fundamentals includes 33 books and 75 features and datasets.

The books span audio Bibles, Bible dictionaries and encyclopedias, commentaries, devotionals, theological works, and other biblical studies books (such as The Eerdmans Companion to the Bible). Fundamentals offers the breadth of what a good Bible study library should have but leaves the depth to other base packages, so that it remains more affordable.

Who’s it for?

If you’re a long-time Logos user, it’s for the person whom you’ve told, “You should really get Logos,” and they respond, “I just don’t think I need something that intense, plus it’s so expensive.”

We purposefully designed this base package to be entry-level, perfect for someone who is serious about Bible study but knows the higher base packages offer more than they need.

Call our Resource Experts at 888-875-9491 to learn more about Fundamentals and how to give it as a gift, or send this link to your friends: logos.com/fundamentals.

Should I buy it if I have other base packages?

You might want to. This base package is somewhat independent of the higher base packages, so if you have another Logos 7 base package, you might not own everything in Fundamentals.

As always, books are cheaper when bundled in a base package, and Dynamic Pricing applies. Your price will adjust to account for resources you already own, so head over to the product page to see your price.

Fundamentals may not be the base package for you, but it could be the one for many people you know. Send people to www.logos.com/fundamentals to encourage them to check it out!

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 2061
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2018 12:58 PM

Nice package. Seems to cover the bases nicely. (creeds?)

I got the CSB Interlinears for $3.84. The CSB Bible is not listed under Bibles, it's all the way down under Other.

Seems like the target market might be the type more comfortable on Web/Mobile so it might be nice to feature in the the mobile Store front.

Verbum edition?

Posts 1005
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2018 1:15 PM

This is a very good move, and one that's been long needed. I would not be a Logos user today if I'd not bought a low-cost introductory package years ago when they were still sold in boxes at Christian bookstores.  This makes it much easier to recommend that a layperson try Logos as a study tool.

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2018 1:34 PM

Shared liberally. Good work!

Posts 27
Shannon L. Newsome | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2018 1:42 PM

This is awesome! It is indeed so much easier to encourage someone to try Logos with this price tag!

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2018 1:55 PM

Assuming Logos 8 comes out in the next couple of months, though, it’s bound to cause a bit of confusion. Obviously most forum members know that software updates are free, but there’s a definite risk that new buyers might feel a bit hard done by if they buy this and see what looks like a big upgrade getting released straight afterward, even if it would make no difference feature-wise at their price range.

It’s already come up on Facebook group I’m part of. Just thinking out loud, really.

Posts 3173
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2018 2:24 PM

James McAdams:

Assuming Logos 8 comes out in the next couple of months, though, it’s bound to cause a bit of confusion. Obviously most forum members know that software updates are free, but there’s a definite risk that new buyers might feel a bit hard done by if they buy this and see what looks like a big upgrade getting released straight afterward, even if it would make no difference feature-wise at their price range.

When L7 came out, FL offered credit to customers who recently had purchased L6. Not sure if they’ll do the same this time, but it might help to take the sting out of upgrading from L7 to L8 within a few months.

Of course, new buyers could wait until L8, then simply get L8 Fundamentals. If you’ve waited this long to buy Logos, what’s another 2-3 months?

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2018 2:40 PM

PetahChristian:

When L7 came out, FL offered credit to customers who recently had purchased L6. Not sure if they’ll do the same this time, but it might help to take the sting out of upgrading from L7 to L8 within a few months.

Of course, new buyers could wait until L8, then simply get L8 Fundamentals. If you’ve waited this long to buy Logos, what’s another 2-3 months?

I’m not too worried about the people who know Logos 8 is coming out - if they jump on board now they do so willingly. But if you’ve just bought it and an update comes out that (you think) you’re expected to pay for, a discount lessens the pain but doesn’t cancel it.

I’m not worried about the people I talk to - I can explain why this is a non-issue. It’s just that I can understand people feeling confused/let down if this is all new to them and they don’t have that kind of intro.

Posts 4882
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2018 2:53 PM

Randy W. Sims:

I got the CSB Interlinears for $3.84. The CSB Bible is not listed under Bibles, it's all the way down under Other.

Yes

Also agree there should be a Verbum fundamentals. 

Posts 9051
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2018 3:23 PM

This is a great collection of resources and just what Faithlife has needed for some time. You've chosen some quality resources. I can't believe the Baker Encyclopedia is included. That's $139 on it's own. Topical guides, maps, a good commentary or two, good modern translations, reverse interlinears! Lots here to interest a new user or a lay person. Thanks.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1692
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2018 3:49 PM
Yeah, I got the CSB RIs and a couple of other resources for $8,51. It's a no-brainer; perfect for me.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 407
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2018 3:50 PM

I too got the CSB Interlinears for $3.84... thanks FaithlifeYes

Posts 3166
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2018 3:54 PM

Great decision and collection!!

Posts 492
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2018 3:59 PM

Mark Smith:
This is a great collection of resources and just what Faithlife has needed for some time. You've chosen some quality resources. I can't believe the Baker Encyclopedia is included. That's $139 on its own. Topical guides, maps, a good commentary or two, good modern translations, reverse interlinears! Lots here to interest a new user or a layperson. Thanks.

Agreed! It doesn't feel like a "cheap" set, but rather smartly priced and very efficient in resource selection.  I'll have to share this!

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 6229
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2018 4:32 PM

doc:

Randy W. Sims:

Yes

Also agree there should be a Verbum fundamentals. 

I got the interlinears cheap too, now we need the Verbum Fundamentals MJ Edition  too 👍😁👌

Posts 2298
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2018 4:50 PM

Richard Villanueva:

Mark Smith:
This is a great collection of resources and just what Faithlife has needed for some time. You've chosen some quality resources. I can't believe the Baker Encyclopedia is included. That's $139 on its own. Topical guides, maps, a good commentary or two, good modern translations, reverse interlinears! Lots here to interest a new user or a layperson. Thanks.

Agreed! It doesn't feel like a "cheap" set, but rather smartly priced and very efficient in resource selection.  I'll have to share this!

The conception here is really genius. Just what a newbie would be looking for. I've been with FL for quite some time and I like others find this deal irresistible. Keep plowing in this direction it's a winner! Calling my sales guy now. 

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 200
Dudley C Rose | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2018 6:22 PM

Very good value and a smart move for Logos.

Posts 1692
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2018 7:25 PM

Another idea one might share with interested friends, is the availability of other modern English translations for $10, in case they like the NIV, NASB, NKJV, NRSV, or NLT. Then, if Logos Basic remains available, they can get Temporary license access to the RIs for all of those by downloading Basic.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 5247
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2018 9:37 PM

Verbum fundamentals is a great idea I hope comes soon. But kudos for Logos. A great package. 

-dan

Posts 420
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 12:30 AM

Robert M. Warren:

Another idea one might share with interested friends, is the availability of other modern English translations for $10, in case they like the NIV, NASB, NKJV, NRSV, or NLT. Then, if Logos Basic remains available, they can get Temporary license access to the RIs for all of those by downloading Basic.

We've just done this for an 11-year-old at our church whose recently been baptised. I set him up with a logos account, downloaded basic, and then purchased the NIV for under £10. 

Personally, I think the combination of Basic and Fundamentals is brilliant and makes Logos much more accessible to the average churchgoer (especially those who are digital natives). Start with Basic + bible, move on to fundamentals when ready. 

FWIW, I won't be recommending Logos to anyone until two things happen: 

1. Logos 8 is released to the public (for reason mentioned above)

2. The new notes tool comes out of Beta. 

Until then it is too complicated to explain to prospective buyers why notes on the web won't sync to desktop and mobile. It feels like you are selling a half-finished product. 

Check out my blog 'For Fathers'

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS