Announcing a Logos 7 base package under $100!

Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1073
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 2:07 AM

Thanks for helping me to finally figure out what to do with my birthday credit! Got a book I'd had my eye on plus 7 more for about the same price as the one alone.

Logos Now Subscriber -- 22/2/2018

Posts 1921
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 5:41 AM

LMAM:

We've just done this for an 11-year-old at our church whose recently been baptised. I set him up with a logos account, downloaded basic, and then purchased the NIV for under £10. 

Personally, I think the combination of Basic and Fundamentals is brilliant and makes Logos much more accessible to the average churchgoer (especially those who are digital natives). Start with Basic + bible, move on to fundamentals when ready. 

Yes.  I got the Basic Package for my two teenage sons.  And today upgraded them both to the new Fundamentals package.  Glad for these two new options. 

Posts 1868
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 5:51 AM

Super thankful for this recommendable option!

Will this get added to the base package comparison page?

Posts 2181
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 7:45 AM

Reuben Helmuth:

Will this get added to the base package comparison page?

I think it might technically not be a base package, but a bundle. I tried one of the "get a free book when you buy a base package" offers on it, and it didn't work.

Except for the forum announcement, it's not referred to as a base package either.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 35
Joseph Sollenberger | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 7:57 AM

Have any specs been announced on hardware/storage requirements? My laptop SSD is to the point where I must monitor closely how much more I put on it.

Thanks,

Joseph

Joseph F. Sollenberger, Jr.

Posts 3107
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 8:05 AM

Jan Krohn:

I think it might technically not be a base package, but a bundle. I tried one of the "get a free book when you buy a base package" offers on it, and it didn't work.

Except for the forum announcement, it's not referred to as a base package either.

Hmm, that sounds like it's going to be another point of confusion. I hope FL resolves that before L8, to simplify figuring out (or explaining) upgrade options.

Right now, we seem to have base packages, libraries, feature sets, essential upgrades, library expansions, feature expansions, and fundamentals. Did I forget anything?

So many (too many) choices for the average customer to understand.

Posts 2181
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 8:16 AM

PetahChristian:
Did I forget anything?

Subscriptions.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 548
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 8:59 AM

I would like to see an upgrade to version 8 when it comes out in this same price range and put together with this same philosophy in mind. 

Wordsearch put out their next version upgrade for under 50.00 dollars with a nice book package included. 

Posts 193
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 9:51 AM

This is a fantastic decision and collection. Like others have said, I have found it hard to convince certain people to pay several hundred dollars to get a Bible study library. This new package should sway much of that concern (at least I hope so), especially for what is included. What has been put into this for under $100 is quite remarkable, actually. Great work, Faithlife! I hope many new people join the Faithlife family with this package Smile and discover the value and joy there is in knowing God better as a result of engagement with His Word.

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 632
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 9:59 AM

I will echo what others have said, this is a great move. I've always wanted to recommend Logos to my mother but Starter was too expensive and Basic doesn't have enough quality resources and is missing some key features. I do think you should have also included the NIV though. You don't really have a good functional/dynamic equivalent translation, only formal equivalent ones. The CSB may be border line but it is not as widely used and thus would be unfamiliar to many.

I too would love to see a Verbum fundamentals. Everything should be available "in Verbum, as it is in Logos." Lol. Seriously, Verbum and Logos need to be treated equally, it's the same software, just a slightly different interface and different books. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Posts 27
Chris Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 10:05 AM

Does this package contain the full feature set?  It was unclear to me when I looked at it.

Posts 2991
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 10:07 AM

I'd like to join the chorus of people looking forward to Verbum Fundamentals.

Posts 632
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 10:09 AM

Chris Myers:

Does this package contain the full feature set?  It was unclear to me when I looked at it.

No, it looks like it's somewhere between Basic and Starter in terms of the feature set.

Posts 632
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 10:10 AM

Kiyah:

Chris Myers:

No, it looks like it's somewhere between Basic and Starter in terms of the feature set.

This is why Fundamentals should be included on the product comparison page as someone above said. So that people can quickly compare and make an informed decision on what is best for them.

Posts 2198
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 10:54 AM

I got the CSB interlinears. Certainly worth the couple bucks involved. Thanks FL!

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 24552
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 5:15 PM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):
We purposefully designed this base package to be entry-level, perfect for someone who is serious about Bible study but knows the higher base packages offer more than they need.

But once again, the Biblical Referents dataset is missing (needed for <Person>, <Place>, <Thing> searches).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 853
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 5:20 PM

Dave Hooton:

We purposefully designed this base package to be entry-level, perfect for someone who is serious about Bible study but knows the higher base packages offer more than they need.

But once again, the Biblical Referents dataset is missing (needed for <Person>, <Place>, <Thing> searches).

It should be there now.

It probably won’t be on the product page list until tomorrow (it takes a bit for the website to catch up with the back end).

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 8829
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2018 5:34 AM

This is an excellent addition to the Logos collection of resources. I truly believe that it will motivate more new uses to join the Faithlife family.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9953
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2018 6:10 AM

Bruce Dunning:

This is an excellent addition to the Logos collection of resources. I truly believe that it will motivate more new uses to join the Faithlife family.

I should be thrilled.  I guess I'm 'see what happens'. The book mix looks like an Olivetree or Laridian customer. Definitely not the recent Bibleworks, or Accordance. Maybe in anticipation of the web full operability? And A-Company has really upped its sales quotes. Full Hermeneia at $350 or so. The others not far behind. 

I need a reading from JoshRI ! I agreed completely with his points.

Posts 24552
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 12 2018 6:36 PM

It should be there now.

It probably won’t be on the product page list until tomorrow

It is there now. Well done on the package as a whole.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS