Enjoying BI181: Introducing Bible Translations (Include in Logos 8?)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 275
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 10 2018 5:27 PM

I picked up the BI181 Mobile Ed Course, Introducing Bible Translations, one of the add-ons to the free book (course) of the month. It's really helpful for beginners (and non beginners too) and helps answer common questions and clears up common misconceptions people have about bible translations and translation methodologies.

I think this would be a good course to have available standard in the base packages. Maybe Faithlife can consider including this in the base packages for Logos 8. It's good info that everyone should have, and maybe we can eventually put an end to "The Bible Wars." (maybe) Wink

Posts 5348
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 5:32 PM

I bought it too and hope to get to it by next week. I’m hearing a lot of good things about it.  I’m looking forward to watching the course!

DAL

Posts 8133
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2018 1:16 PM

Kiyah:
I think this would be a good course to have available standard in the base packages.

Sounds like a great suggestion.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5348
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2018 1:26 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Kiyah:
I think this would be a good course to have available standard in the base packages.

Sounds like a great suggestion.

I third this suggestion 👍😁👌

Posts 879
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2018 2:38 PM

I completely agree.  In fact, I think it would be especially useful to include it in the new Fundamentals package.  It's the kind of thing that would be particularly helpful for someone without any familiarity with the original Greek and Hebrew texts, and thus is entirely dependent on English language translations.

It's also the kind of thing that would highlight in a powerful way the value of Logos, and the resources it makes available, to the average Christian who just wants to dig a bit deeper into Scripture. 

Posts 339
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2018 5:18 PM

EastTN:

It's also the kind of thing that would highlight in a powerful way the value of Logos, and the resources it makes available, to the average Christian who just wants to dig a bit deeper into Scripture. 

Yes, it would be an excellent eye-opener Yes

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS