Using Logos in Seminary

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 87
Rafe Andersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 2 2018 5:04 PM

abondservant:

I'm not really famliar with either of the other two options. I will say that I was certain I would be unable to attend SEBTS this term, and thus would have been a full calender year without attending a class, and so would have had to re-apply or appeal to them to keep me on the books for another semester without having taken a class.

BUT in the 11th hour the Lord provided some funding from a surprising vector and I was able to register for not one, but two classes (2045$ after the 50% sbc discount).

IF SEBTS is the direction the Lord is leading you, then He will make tuition possible.

My general question I have been having for some time is whether I should get an MDiv or an M.A.

Posts 1958
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 2 2018 7:03 PM

Liberty University's online program is SACS accredited, so they do federal student loans.  As far as MDIV vs. M.A., what do you want to do with it?

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 87
Rafe Andersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 2 2018 9:18 PM

Joseph Turner:

Liberty University's online program is SACS accredited, so they do federal student loans.  As far as MDIV vs. M.A., what do you want to do with it?

Yes, I know. I am leaning toward the MDIV because I want to do pastoral ministry. The only reason the MABTS has come up is for two reasons: (1) I will hate repeating an obnoxious amount of classes in the MDIV I have already taken in my UG Christian ministry degree and (2) I will hate having to spend another 4 years slaving over a degree.  

If I took the MABTS I would add some classes like preaching, counseling, and a guided internship with my pastor.

Posts 1958
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 3 2018 4:10 AM

For me, I wanted an MDIV back in 2007, but I needed to do it online, and I wanted to take original languages.  I chose Liberty University, but they did not offer Hebrew and Greek online, so I got a M.A. in religion, which is half of a MDIV.  I saw in the last couple of years that they offered languages online now (Michael Heiser is actually the professor for Hebrew Exegesis), so I started back to finish up my MDIV.  All of the MAR classes transferred into the new program.  I understand that I won't be teaching at Harvard with a degree from Liberty, but I love it and it suits my needs.  I have gotten federal student loans through the school throughout.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS