Passage Guide Logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 21
Charles Hadden | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 27 2018 11:10 AM

I want to return the passage guide to its original format with the 5 or 6 windows. Is there a way to do that simply? Thanks

Posts 27775
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 27 2018 11:40 AM

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. Have you tried creating a new layout from scratch? Are you wanting to convert your current layout to a previous one? 

Out of curiosity: Are you really using "Logos 4"? If so, why haven't you updated to the free Logos 7 engine? L4 is no longer supported. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 21
Charles Hadden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 27 2018 12:19 PM

yes logos 4. I don't have the funds to do all the updates. When I open the passage guide, all I get is the one window which lists all the resources available on that passage. It used to give me a bible window and others. I don't remember how it changed but I would like a reset button to go back to the original setting of the passage guide.

Posts 2679
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 27 2018 12:49 PM

Charles,

You can get the engine for Logos 7 for free by getting Logos Basic at this link https://www.logos.com/product/136022/basic. I hope this helps.

Blessings,

Philana

Posts 27775
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 27 2018 12:53 PM

Charles Hadden:
yes logos 4. I don't have the funds to do all the updates.

As I wrote above, the software is free... there is no cost. If you mean that your computer is incapable of running L7, that is another issue... although you should update to the highest compatible engine possible. If that applies to you, feel free to let us know about your computer, operating system, etc. and some forum members can assist you with those software engine updates. This is especially important since L4 is no longer supported. Logos 5, for example, came out 6 years ago! Logos 8 is (generally) expected sometime this fall. 

Charles Hadden:
When I open the passage guide, all I get is the one window which lists all the resources available on that passage. It used to give me a bible window and others.

I don't remember how L4 ran, but it is probably similar to L7. If I have a blank layout and open a passage guide, I get a single window panel. On the other hand, I can have a layout open as I want it and the passage guide will jump into one of the bigger panels. 

You may be thinking of what happens when you use the "Go Box" from the home screen. When I type in a passage (i.e. John 3:16), I get what you see in the screenshot below. Notice that there are many panels. There is also a passage guide AND an exegetical guide: 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1259
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 27 2018 1:17 PM

JT (alabama24):

I don't remember how L4 ran, but it is probably similar to L7. .... You may be thinking of what happens when you use the "Go Box" from the home screen. 

I have an old spare computer running Windows XP and I can confirm that in this respect Logos 4 works the same as Logos 7.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS