Fundamentals Package Question

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 87
Rafe Andersen | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 30 2018 9:25 PM

I am looking for some insight from those who know more about the FP than I do.

I am currently discipling a brother from my church and I will eventually introduce him to the program when we go through hermeneutics. Is the FP a good place to start for someone like him? Would it be worth getting it for him (If he likes the program)?  And also, what are a few other basic resources one would need to add to the package for effective Bible study?

Posts 24553
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 6:14 PM

Fundamentals is a good start. The Bible Dictionaries and Commentaries are very good value, together with lectionaries, maps and harmonies. A Greek and Hebrew bible are the only extras that could be required.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 247
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 6:19 PM

Rafe Andersen:

I am currently discipling a brother from my church and I will eventually introduce him to the program when we go through hermeneutics. Is the FP a good place to start for someone like him? Would it be worth getting it for him (If he likes the program)?  And also, what are a few other basic resources one would need to add to the package for effective Bible study?

Check out the free books that Logos has HERE for some great freebies, such as a Greek NT. 

Posts 87
Rafe Andersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 7:09 PM

Dave Hooton:

Fundamentals is a good start. The Bible Dictionaries and Commentaries are very good value, together with lectionaries, maps and harmonies. A Greek and Hebrew bible are the only extras that could be required.

Thank you for that information.  My disciple has no ability in Greek or Hebrew, So I think all he needs is another tagged English text like the NASB and the ESV for now.

Posts 87
Rafe Andersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 7:09 PM

Jon Bradley:

Rafe Andersen:

Check out the free books that Logos has HERE for some great freebies, such as a Greek NT. 

Thank you very much.

Posts 24553
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 12:15 AM

Rafe Andersen:
So I think all he needs is another tagged English text like the NASB and the ESV for now.

A 'tagged' ESV is in the package, also CSB, LEB and KJV. You can get the NASB resource, but the Reverse Interlinear 'tagging'  for Hebrew and Greek is extra.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS