New Logos.com Homepage Experience

Page 3 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 53 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1782
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 2 2018 2:07 PM

By the way, the old home page on MS Edge is currently looking as follows. Just letting you know it's broken, but if it's gonna be replaced with a new home page soon, maybe it's no priority to fix…

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Christian Debate|Free Books List|Logos Price Alerts

Posts 50
William McFarland | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2018 3:23 PM

I have tried multiple browsers on multiple platforms and have yet to see the new homepage.

Posts 488
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2018 5:09 PM

Paul Caneparo:

I see a Wednesday daily deal, which is different to the Twitter daily deal today. Is this a new initiative and something that will be updated daily and be different to the Twitter deal?

Paul, would you please post the Wednesday Daily Deal for the benefit of us underlings until we're included?

Thanks, Dale Heath

Posts 1608
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2018 3:44 AM

Old men dread websites described as an 'experience'.

Win7/10 Android/Fire OS 5

Posts 556
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2018 3:55 AM

Dale E Heath:

Paul Caneparo:

I see a Wednesday daily deal, which is different to the Twitter daily deal today. Is this a new initiative and something that will be updated daily and be different to the Twitter deal?

Paul, would you please post the Wednesday Daily Deal for the benefit of us underlings until we're included?

Thanks, Dale Heath

Visit Best Deals in the Sale section of the "Store" drop down each day and it's normally listed in about 6th place at 49 or 50% off. 

Posts 12340
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2018 5:49 AM

For the benefit of those not seeing the new page, here's a screenshot. I hadn't seen it until today. I got it by trying in an alternative browser and signing in. Having done that it then showed up in my regular browser. I've no idea whether that was a coincidence or not.

Posts 12340
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2018 6:03 AM

I don't visit the home page often, but this does look reasonably fresh and modern (apart from the footer).

Requests:

• I would like to see books that I already own excluded from the page, or at the very least a visual indicator as to whether I own them.
  • It doesn't make sense to me that most books on this page don't have prices, or purchase buttons.
  • I'd like the carousel left/right arrows to move to a whole set of new books, not just to add one new book. I appreciate that being responsive makes that harder.
  • I'd expect a visual 'active link' indicator when hovering over the carousel arrows (cursor changing to a hand, or the colour of the arrow changing)
  • When moving to very narrow sizes, the carousels look odd. It's partly because the central resource isn't quite centered (the right-hand resource is usually slightly larger than the left-hand one). But even better would be that the side resources would fade away, rather than just be abruptly cropped.

Bugs:

• The image background used for "Big Deals on Commentaries" needs to be wider, or fade more gracefully into the black background.
  • The Find your Perfect Fit ad could be better designed so that key information isn't lost off-screen at smaller screen sizes (e.g. put the 25% off 'sticker' more centrally).
Posts 8699
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2018 7:04 AM

Kaleb Cuevas:
If you get the new homepage experience please feel free to share any feedback here.

Suppose I don't have Logos and come to this page to learn what it is? What is my experience? I see a list of items on sale. Where to I go to find out about the software itself? 

The tab on my web browser says "Bible study has never been easier" but there is nothing about Bible study on the home page and, as far as I can see, no direct link to such information. (I have to go to the menu to find this info.)

As an old user of Logos the page is fine. As one who wants to learn more it's a disappointment. I'd want you to at least have a direct link, right at the top of the home page, to learn about this exciting software. (I don't have the old home page to compare to but this info might not have been on that page, either.)

What I'm saying is, shouldn't the home page 'sell' the software as well as sell the resources?

Otherwise the design looks good.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 12340
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2018 8:20 AM

Mark Smith:
Suppose I don't have Logos and come to this page to learn what it is? What is my experience? I see a list of items on sale. Where to I go to find out about the software itself? 

You get a different page if you're not logged in.

Posts 8699
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2018 10:06 AM

Mark Barnes:
You get a different page if you're not logged in.

That's cool. Sorry I missed that fact somewhere.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 273
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2018 11:53 AM

I liked having the Daily Deal on it. The rest of the changes were ok.

Posts 24
Martin Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 11 2018 1:20 AM

Kaleb Cuevas:

Many of you will come to the site and nothing will seem different. For some, you will hit Logos.com and see a brand-new homepage experience. This is purposeful. We wanted to test a new layout for the homepage and gain your feedback on it. This will help make us make it the best experience possible when we roll it out to everyone. If you get the new homepage experience please feel free to share any feedback here.

I just noticed the new homepage and it rocks. I don't have an issue with things being greyed out, however, I went to the Saturday daily deal and here is what I found. everything on the page was in Spanish, interesting, since I have nothing in my profile that says I speak Spanish, and I have never bought anything that is in Spanish. This is not a complaint, just an observation. 

Posts 1782
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 11 2018 1:49 AM

My daily deal is also in Spanish. And it's not a deal, but a full priced product.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Christian Debate|Free Books List|Logos Price Alerts

Posts 127
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2018 9:43 AM

Jan Krohn:

My daily deal is also in Spanish. And it's not a deal, but a full priced product.

Sorry about this. It is still a work in progress. Hopefully this won't happen anymore.

Page 3 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS