Theme for Logos Forums 1.0

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2041
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 3 2018 2:48 PM

(Abandoning the old thread since the OP install info is now obsolete.)

A low contrast, modern theme for the Faithlife Community Forums

The home for the forum theme has moved. You can find more information and screenshots at its new home:

https://github.com/simsrw73/white-off#white-off-for-faithlife-community-forums 

This is a "final" release. It now feels very polished and complete. Thank you to all who have tried it during my slow bit by bit progression, and those who continue to use it. If you haven't tried it yet, please give it a try. It's a huge improvement over the dated forums we're used to. I'm grateful for any feedback if you find any problems.

Note: The theme is no longer dependent on SimilarWeb Ltd's Stylish plugin or their UserStyles.org website. I now recommend TamperMonkey (or Stylus) for installing. They are and will remain safe from the snoopy sales weasels. If you are still using Stylish, I recommend uninstalling it.

Instructions:

Tampermonkey will by default update any future changes to the script. (You can disable or adjust this.)

For current TamperMonkey users:

If you installed a previous version theme hosted on UserStyles.org in Tampermonkey, you may continue to keep using it if you wish. I will continue to post any updates there and there is no danger. However, If you wish to switch over to the themes new home:

• Click the Tampermonkey icon on your browser's toolbar and select "Dashboard".
  • In the list of installed scripts, find White-Off Theme and click the trashcan icon on the far right.
  • Click the install link for the theme above.

More information and screenshots are available along with the sources on github:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

...And if you want the forum search box to automatically take your searches to Google

Faithlife Community Forum Search2G

https://github.com/simsrw73/userscripts#faithlife-community-forum-search2g 

Redirects searches on the forums to Google.

• Press Enter or click the search button to search the forums using Google.
  • Press Ctrl-Enter or Ctrl-Click the search button to search Logos Support, Logos Wiki, and the forums using Google.
  • Press Shift-Enter or Shift-Click the search button to search the forums using the default forum search.

Additionally, Alt-S will activate the search box so you can enter your search.

Posts 521
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 3 2018 6:04 PM

Thanks, Randy - much appreciated!

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 2041
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2019 4:31 PM

Found a little time for some minor updates to the theme. Mostly fixes for areas that weren't styled or were incompletely styled that I've run across since the last update (October). Please let me know if you see any other areas that need attention.

• Added theme version to the page footer so you can easily see if you are running the current version. Eg it will show "{ White-Off v1.0.10 }" at the bottom of the page, under the Copyright.
  • Fixed styling on the Add/Edit/Delete Posts pages.
  • Fixed styling on the Forum Options form at the top of each forum. This is the form you see when you click on "Sorting and Filtering" at the top of the page.
  • Fixed transition on some button styles.
  • Changed icon on post bubbles that link to that post in the thread.

Depending on the version of the theme you have installed, it should automatically update (You'll see v1.0.10 at the bottom of forum pages). If not or if you are installing for the first time, follow the instructions in the OP above or go to:

And follow the directions to choose your preferred installation option.

Posts 8807
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2019 5:33 AM

Thanks Randy. I've been enjoying your work on this for a long time and love it. As a matter of fact I almost forgot what it used to be like.

I especially like the larger profile icons that expand when you hover your mouse over them. If someone has not done this yet I would highly recommend giving it a try.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1356
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2019 7:07 AM

Randy, I too have been using your theme for several months now and have found it to be a major visual improvement over the default forum interface.  Much easier on the eyes and a real pleasure to use.  I have now installed your search script and am delighted to be able to do my Google searches of the forum from within the forum itself.

Thank you for your time, expertise, and thoughtfulness in making these improvements available.  Smile

Posts 1785
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2019 8:48 AM

Rick Ausdahl:
I have now installed your search script and am delighted to be able to do my Google searches of the forum from within the forum itself.

+1!

Posts 2041
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2019 1:54 PM

Thanks for the comments. I'm glad to be able to offer a little something back that some have found useful.

Bruce Dunning:
As a matter of fact I almost forgot what it used to be like.

This reminded me of something I had been wanting to put up for a while. Some before/after shots. I flip the on/off switch a lot when I'm reviewing/testing. Some may find these before/after sliders useful to evaluate whether to give it a try:

https://simsrw73.github.io/white-off/ 

Posts 8807
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2019 2:28 PM

Randy W. Sims:

Bruce Dunning:
As a matter of fact I almost forgot what it used to be like.

This reminded me of something I had been wanting to put up for a while. Some before/after shots. I flip the on/off switch a lot when I'm reviewing/testing. Some may find these before/after sliders useful to evaluate whether to give it a try:

https://simsrw73.github.io/white-off/ 

Thanks for the visual reminder of what it used to be like. I would encourage more of us to give it a try as it is far superior.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2017
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2019 2:39 PM

Great job, Randy. Looks and feels great.

Posts 2
Dawn S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2019 3:26 PM

Thank you so much!  This is awesome.

Posts 230
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 22 2019 8:37 AM

Thank you Randy. This is very cool. I only wish it would work on my IPad too!

Be strong and courageous. . . for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS