Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 327
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2020 6:09 PM

Hi

I still have the Thompson Chain Reference Bible cd 

some of the books found in my library 

Mick

The Reformation Study Bible (THOMAS NELSON)
Nelson Study Bible New King James Version (THOMAS NELSON)

NELSON’S NEW TESTAMENT SURVEY (THOMAS NELSON)
Nelson’s
Teaching Outlines of the Bible  (THOMAS NELSON)
Nelson’s new illustrated Bible commentary (THOMAS NELSON)
Nelson’s 3-D Bible mapbook (THOMAS NELSON)
Nelson’s quick reference™ topical Bible index. (THOMAS NELSON)
Nelson’s complete book of Bible maps & charts (THOMAS NELSON)
Nelson’s concordance of Bible phrases.
Find it fast in the Bible (THOMAS NELSON)
The Word in Life TM Study Bible (THOMAS NELSON)
Did You Know? (THOMAS NELSON)
New Illustrated
Bible Dictionary (THOMAS NELSON)
Hayford’s Bible Handbook Jack W. Hayford (THOMAS NELSON)
Exploring Church History (THOMAS NELSON)
Nelson’s new Christian dictionary (THOMAS NELSON)
What Does the Bible Say About (THOMAS NELSON)

Mick
Posts 37
depdad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2020 8:34 PM

I'm so very fortunate to still have my Thompson Chain Reference Bibles. I have two: KJV 1964 Edition 66th Printing by B.B. Kirkbride in Pristine Condition that I purchased in the mid-70's new, and a 1978 NIV Version, June 1983 Printing by B.B. Kirkbride and Zondervan, which preceded the 1984 version. I read the NIV through every 90 days, using the 90-Day Bible Reading Plan, which approximates 12-14 pages a day. It's hard to find these Bibles, and I'm so glad that I didn't "upgrade" to a new model (of which some I do not care for).

Posts 1311
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2020 9:09 PM

Jerome Smith:

The Thompson Chain Reference Bible links Bible topics from Genesis to Revelation. The topics are identified in the margin of the Bible with a reference to the next verse in the chain. Each topic is given its own number. In the back of the Bible is an index by number to the topics. It is a very well-done Bible study resource. If, for example, you are reading Genesis 3:15, the topic Messianic Prophecies is given in the margin (with the number 2890, and the next reference is given as Genesis 12:3). The topics at Genesis 3:14 are given as 3153 Satan Job 1:6; 903 Divine Curse; 3152 Satan Humbled Zec 3:2; 1170 Abasement (1) Job 40:12

Interesting....Thanks 

Posts 2170
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2020 10:01 AM

Mike Tourangeau:
Can someone explain what the Thompson Chain reference system did? I have never seen one....

Was given a KJV from my home church when I graduated from High School before going off to Bible College and entering the ministry.

How does it work?? Say you are reading through Romans 2. TCR suggests a theme of "Universality of Sin" #3340

A student then flips to the back of the Bible and is provided with several verses on this topic surrounded by similar topics.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 2289
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2020 6:48 AM

I also got a TCR  KJV Bible after high school.  Sadly, the binding quality was poor and it didn't last long. I decided to make a chain reference of my own in a notebook.  The project didn't get too far off the ground, so I think it is time to have the TCR's in Logos.

Posts 7525
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2020 7:55 AM

I’m glad I have it in Logos, at least the Spanish version: https://es.logos.com/product/55132/notas-de-la-biblia-de-referencia-thompson 

The English version I own in WORDsearch and Accordance.

DAL

Posts 16
Kathleen Marie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2020 10:10 AM

I have it in the Olive Tree app. I think I might be using it wrong in Swordsearcher, but I only see the topics listed in the dictionary area, and don't know how to find the chain for a verse.

Posts 1
Tim Hatton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 7:19 PM

The chain reference system is added in the bible in two places. it is a Topic not a word search index. so for example "seek the Lord" could be included under prayer even though the word prayer is not in the verse.

ONE   In the back there is an index of topics which has the full verses printed under each topic section. this is 190 pages long in my bible. its really great for quickly seeing some verses relevant ot a topic.

TWO The CHAIN part is that the bible is printed with the relevant chain references printed on either side of the two central colums of scripture.  the chain reference shows the topic and the next verse in the bible linked to this topic. so you can follow the chain as you flick thru the bible.

https://www.the-wise-shall-understand.com/the-thompson-chain-reference-study-bible-online/

Posts 9297
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 7:34 PM

Well, for those in Logos who've waited for the Thompson Chain Reference Bible in vain, the acquisition of WordSearch by Logos should soon make it available to anyone who wants it.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 118
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 7:42 PM

That is awesome news.

Posts 3232
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 8:58 PM

Mark Smith:

Well, for those in Logos who've waited for the Thompson Chain Reference Bible in vain, the acquisition of WordSearch by Logos should soon make it available to anyone who wants it.

That was one of the first things I thought of when I saw the news.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 65
The Flanary's | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 9:01 PM

depdad:

I'm so very fortunate to still have my Thompson Chain Reference Bibles. I have two: KJV 1964 Edition 66th Printing by B.B. Kirkbride in Pristine Condition that I purchased in the mid-70's new, and a 1978 NIV Version, June 1983 Printing by B.B. Kirkbride and Zondervan, which preceded the 1984 version. I read the NIV through every 90 days, using the 90-Day Bible Reading Plan, which approximates 12-14 pages a day. It's hard to find these Bibles, and I'm so glad that I didn't "upgrade" to a new model (of which some I do not care for).

I can't wait to have them in Logos. Coming from WordSearch, I have it there still, but I also have a hardcover "Centennial edition" that I teach from and a "Large Note/ Wide Margin Edition" Desk volume that I have never seen another copy of (measures 8 1/2 inch by 11 inches, 2 1/4 inch thick. The Margins around the text are 1 and 1/2 inch all around, and yes alot of those margins are full of my own notes)

Stop talking about missing the "Old Saints" and be an Old Saint

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS