Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 326
Batman | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 14 2018 4:34 PM

I've had a rough time with Logos and the company and it's policies since I delved in to L3. I've never had problems with digital Bibles prior to Logos, and embraced them. For some sad reason, Logos put a huge and bitter taste in my mouth from the last months of L3 until L7. I've not been one of your biggest fans. With how you helped "correct" some of the things with Logos at the very beginning of L7, I became more friendly. Smile I saw some things where you personally decided to demonstrate how you want "to do the right thing". I felt that come through. While I misunderstood what "Logos Now" was, it still works for me, to feel as if I have "upgrade proofed" my library. Ok, I didn't, but, I feel as if I have. 

So, while our relationship has not been what one would call the most friendly, and I have been highly critical of how Logos comes off as a "greedy" corporation, I have seen many things to the contrary, Unfortunately, it is much easier for us who do not know the bottom-line and actual costs, to see ANY charges and increases as being wrong. 

I still have to struggle with some of the same issues, mostly, doing more than opening Logos and reading. I've lost a lot of motivation, that I am still struggling with. I was able to upgrade my laptop, so, Logos loads in 20-60 seconds, as opposed to 6-10 minutes. But, many of these issues I am dealing with one by one. 

My biggest point here, is to publicly thank you, since the introduction of Logos Now (now called Faithlife Connect, unless it's changed again Big Smile). Over the past year, I have missed a ton of email, but someone figured out that for some reason, something was "ticked" to not send me any emails at all, at your guys end. But, all is well, Im getting some spam, not too much, but, everything to keep me in the loop of special offerings, discounts, etc. So, YAY! And with that, came the biggest surprise: 6 months of Mobile Ed classes, twice a year! THAT is well worth the price of admission. And, what causes me to say THANK YOU! In order for me to get my Bachelor of Theology, I must successfully pass TWO years worth of Hebrew AND TWO years worth of Greek and one semester of Aramaic. Getting this mobile ed course for Hebrew and then Greek may just "fast track" me to my BTh. And if that happens, I cannot thank you enough for helping me get there. And, if I dont fast track it, at least it gave me the right kick in the butt to get things rolling. 

Oh, and once again, my apologies for disappointments from the past, and harsh judgments toward you. I promise to help keep you honest Wink but, for now, I have seen you do some great things that in the past, I just have not seen. 

Posts 1690
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2018 7:22 PM

Thanks for the note, and sorry for taking so long to acknowledge it.

I appreciate having passionate users who keep us on track, and who forgive us when we make a mistake. And, maybe unique in the world of software, who are kind and acknowledge when we fix things too. :-)

Posts 326
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2018 9:43 PM

The fact you get a chance to respond at all, and do, is great. Late is cool. 

I was talking about "My Bible" today, and another thing you do that is awesome. 
I'm not sure the legalities behind the Digital Rights but, one thing that is great is how you have secured our rights to keep titles you no longer have rights to. (At least I think so). 
Thanks again. 

Bob Pritchett:

Thanks for the note, and sorry for taking so long to acknowledge it.

I appreciate having passionate users who keep us on track, and who forgive us when we make a mistake. And, maybe unique in the world of software, who are kind and acknowledge when we fix things too. :-)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS