Greek Language Study

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4
Tony Shoemaker | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 18 2018 7:26 AM

I am looking for informed opinions concerning the best resources for learning Biblical Greek. I have Mounces Basics of Biblical Greek bundle and am wondering if the DVD's are helpful. Are there any public groups that are currently studying these materials? Thanks for your input

Posts 160
Manuel Maria | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 18 2018 8:28 AM

Hello, Tony:

Mounce's own site has several videos. The DVD set doesn't include the solved exercises you can find there (in video). The DVD has the same information you can find at logos. You can try it for free for a month.

I have tried with several books and videos (a few of them available at logos) but for me the best one is the course by Irene Foulkes. I have it in Spanish but I think it is a translation from English. The pace of the course is different to most of them. It is just a very big list of exercises. You learn by doing exercises from the very beginning. There is almost no room for explanations. And the book turns over and over again over the same subjects so you learn without effort, just filling the answers.

The first chapter is available here:

https://www.clie.es/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/9788482675152-el-griego-del-nuevo-testamento-texto-programado-1capitulo.pdf

Best regards.

Posts 6473
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 18 2018 2:49 PM

That link is to a pdf in Spanish. I don’t think Tony can read Spanish.  Maybe you pasted the wrong link?

DAL

Posts 160
Manuel Maria | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 19 2018 4:28 AM

Yes, it is Spanish. I think it is a translation from English but I haven't found the source. Nevertheless, it is easy to grasp the spirit of the book no matter the language: exercises and nothing else than exercises from the very beginning. It is great for self teaching.

Posts 2341
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 19 2018 6:20 AM

If you are referring to the videos by Mounce that has cover his text then they are very helpful.  Logos has the Greek and Hebrew in a bundle, but you can purchase his DVDs outside Logos.

https://www.logos.com/product/34026/zondervan-biblical-languages-video-lectures

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS