Any thoughts on the iPad 2018 (not iPad Pro)?

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 49
J. Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 5 2018 3:00 PM

I got the 128 GB 6th gen, WiFi only (which also means it has no GPS, something I was not aware of before I had driven quite a distance to far....), a few months back. Logos was my main reason for aquiring it, and so far I am really satisfied with it.

My reasons for getting and iPad, and not an Android tab, was mainly that Android seems to support tabs less and less, they are normally not being updated for more than a year or so (iPads five-six from what I hear), the iPad is fast and has a really good price.

Posts 1
Bruce Willian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2018 9:28 PM

The main advantage of the iPad 2018 is the more elegant design, upgraded Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard. But I don't like the price of it, I still recommend the previous iPad models.

Posts 2706
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2018 6:55 AM

It looks as though I missed a few more replies (sorry). Thanks Mike, J. Erik, and Bruce; I am now 3 months in with my iPad 6th Generation, and I really like it. Still discovering and learning new things (this is my 1st iPad ever). It's the best decision I made for Logos (iPad over Android).

My next move may be to change my phone from a Note 5 (Android) to an iPhone X(S or R) but I have to evaluate the benefits more. One feature that interests me is that I hear that you can receive text messages on your iPad from your iPhone. I still really like the S Pen on my phone, so I'll have to give this some more thought.

In a year or so, my next iPad will be the Pro series. It doesn't matter that it will be overkill (I primarily use my iPad for Bible Study, Church, and note taking), I will just want the upgrade from entry level. Smile

Posts 20
Ron Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2018 7:19 AM

Erwin, that is correct.  I have ipad 6th generation and it not only receives my texts from my iphone, you can also answer your phone calls that go to you cell on the ipad.  You can send texts but I haven't figured out a way to make phone calls from the ipad through my iphone.  

Posts 2706
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2018 7:52 AM

Ron Ferguson:

Erwin, that is correct.  I have ipad 6th generation and it not only receives my texts from my iphone, you can also answer your phone calls that go to you cell on the ipad.  You can send texts but I haven't figured out a way to make phone calls from the ipad through my iphone.  

Yes

Now to wait for a very good deal from my carrier. Smile

Thanks

Posts 4378
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2018 8:07 AM

Ron Ferguson:

1. Make sure that the wife's mobile number is in your contacts.

2 Invoke Siri - say "(wife's name) is my old lady"

3 Invoke Siri say 'phone my old lady'

Posts 8
J. Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2018 8:19 AM

I think receiving messages only apply to iMessages...? At least that seems to be my experience so far.

Posts 4378
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2018 8:46 AM

J. Erik:

I think receiving messages only apply to iMessages...? At least that seems to be my experience so far.

Providing you have 'Send and Receive' set to both your phone number and your email, or even just your phone number you can send and receive from the iPad via your phone.

Posts 8
J. Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2018 1:55 PM

Ahh yes! There is a setting on the iPhone than allows the iPad to use the iPhone to send and receive SMSs. Nice :)

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS