Logos 7 starts up with blank screen

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 7
Jason Spits | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 22 2018 12:52 AM

I am using Logos 7 Basic (ver 7.17.0.0020) on a Windows 10 PC and recently when starting up the program I can only see a black background with white boxes in the foreground. Screenshot is below:

I have tried reinstalling the program and the problem remains. I also tried using the Verbum software from Faithlife/Logos and had the same problem (assuming it uses the same underlying software).

The error logs state 'TouchPointsManager.db cannot be found' and 'Error downloading user events'.

Can anyone provide some ideas as to what is going on?

Posts 20255
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2018 1:13 AM

HI Jason - and welcome to the forums

Sorry to see you are having problems.

Often this type of issue relates to outdated video drivers. What video cards do you have, have you checked you have the latest drivers?

And please upload the logs in a reply to this thread - using the paperclip icon - so we can have a look at them

Graham 

Posts 7
Jason Spits | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2018 1:24 AM

Graham, I checked the video drivers using the Dell update app (PC is Dell Inspiron 13 laptop) and they are up to date.

Logs are attached as per request

8446.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 23579
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2018 4:28 AM

Jason Spits:
Logs are attached as per request

The Touchpointsmanager database may be corrupt, so delete the folder C:\Users\Jason Spits\AppData\Local\Logos\Data\q1x4ckt0.kaw\TouchPoints and restart Logos.The file will be restored.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 7
Jason Spits | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2018 6:05 PM

Dave, thanks for the help. I tried deleting the folder but still have the same problem.

So far, I have re-installed Logos, updated the graphics drivers, deleted the Touchpoints folder, and restored the Windows Hosts file and still have the same problem.

Any ideas of what else I could check?

Thanks

Posts 23579
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2018 9:07 PM

Some third party utilities can interfere with Logos. Look for any you have recently installed and disable them.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 7
Jason Spits | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2018 10:33 PM

Dave - I uninstalled about a dozen programs that I seldom use and Logos was back!

Will add them back slowly, as I need them, to work out which one was causing the problem.

Thanks for the tips and help, much appreciated!

Posts 23579
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 23 2018 4:12 AM

That's a sound way to proceed. I'm glad to have helped.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 7
Joachim F. Schmid | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2018 10:28 AM

Did you find out where the problem came from? I have the same, new logos installation, grpahics drivers, but still blank...

Posts 7
Joachim F. Schmid | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2018 10:37 AM

Deleting the content of the ...\Logos\Users directory and thus forcing a reinitialization of settings and content also did not help.

Posts 23579
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2018 5:09 PM

If you took anything from this thread, it would not be deleting the Logos installation. You have probably doubled the size of the ...\Logos folder. I suggest you contact Customer Support to help figure out what is causing the problem.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 7
Jason Spits | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2018 7:50 PM

Yes, I was using a program called Duet Display (which allows an Ipad to act as a second screen) and its had its own graphic drivers which were causing a problem. I uninstalled it and Logos was back to normal. Reinstalled Duet and the problem returned so the culprit was identified. Duet have since released an updated version of their software and that does not create problems so I can run Logos and Duet again.

Posts 7
Jason Spits | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2018 7:54 PM

Dave, I am curious as to how the ...\Logos\user folder would double in size if it is deleted and replaced?

My first course of action was a full reinstall of Logos using a fresh downloaded exe file from the Logos website and my understanding is that reinstalling the program or deleting the user files would only result in their equal replacement when Logos started- or are they two different things?

Posts 7
Joachim F. Schmid | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 14 2018 12:32 AM

It really was the Duet Display also in my case! Thank you so much!

Posts 7
Jason Spits | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 14 2018 12:38 AM

Did you get Logos working with a newer version of Duet?

Posts 23579
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 14 2018 1:34 AM

Jason Spits:
Dave, I am curious as to how the ...\Logos\user folder would double in size if it is deleted and replaced?

No - the whole ..\Logos folder will double in size. If you remove the  \User folder, Logos will  re-download your resources and documents under a different User Id. (that random number folder that appears under  \Documents and \Data) and re-index them.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS