Personal Book Failure

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 10452
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 24 2018 1:28 PM

When I acquired a new iMac a few months ago, all my personal books needed to be recompiled {I had never uploaded any of them}. Today, I finally got around to recompiling several of them. Six failed to compile with basically the same errors. Unfortunately, I cannot understand what the log is attempting to tell me. I have attached one of the PBB log files—Can anyone tell me what the fatal errors are?

3480.PBB_06c2f989ba0343c4a99a65c62dabfb43_2018-08-24T20_15_13Z.log

Posts 4559
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 24 2018 1:39 PM

I am not sure Jack, but it looks like it may have something to do with something to do with some Hebrew that is contained in the document.

Maybe someone who is better with the logs can tell you exactly what the problem is.

Posts 1678
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 24 2018 2:31 PM

Jack:

I think what's killing the compile is the 'empty article' error. The quick fix is here.

I think the Hebrew issue is related to Word's failure to mark the Hebrew unicode as Hebrew. If it had correctly marked it, I believe the PB compiler would recognize it and the words in the compiled resource would work with lexicons, etc. I have seen Word automatically detect Greek, but not perfectly. The post here has a technique to force Word to apply Greek language to Greek fonts in a Unicode document. It should work for Hebrew, also, but I haven't tried it. If it's very important to have the Hebrew in your text tagged, you could try it. Otherwise, the Hebrew issue is likely not preventing the PB from compiling.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 10452
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 24 2018 5:07 PM

Robert M. Warren:
I think the Hebrew issue is related to Word's failure to mark the Hebrew unicode as Hebrew.

Should have mentioned in my OP that this particular error will not prevent compiling and that I will fix it after I get it to compile.

Robert M. Warren:
I think what's killing the compile is the 'empty article' error.

That is possible, but think I have successfully compiled PBs with that error previously. I will fix those error, and try again.

UPDATE: Tried Mick's workaround, and it did not correct the problem. After a bit of troubleshooting, discovered that the section break just before the Bibliography was the culprit. When I put a space between the final paragraph mark and the section break, the book compiled without any problem.

Finally, it appears that I needed both Mick's workaround and a space before each section break.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS