Topic Guide: Related Verses

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 744
Armin | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 24 2018 7:14 PM

I am just going through the course NT323. As part of this course, the Topic Guide is run on the English word "Lamb" from John 1:29. The video that is part of the course lists 20 related verses in the Topic Guide, incl. Gen. 22:7-8. However, when I run the topic guide, I only get 14 related verses, which do not include eg. Gen 22:7-8. 

Am I doing here something wrong? I use the same translation as in the video.

Posts 21935
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 24 2018 10:42 PM

Armin:
I am just going through the course NT323. As part of this course, the Topic Guide is run on the English word "Lamb" from John 1:29. The video that is part of the course lists 20 related verses in the Topic Guide, incl. Gen. 22:7-8. However, when I run the topic guide, I only get 14 related verses, which do not include eg. Gen 22:7-8

I don't have the course so can't check it but I also get 14 related verses.

Are you able to post a screenshot showing the Topic Guide in the video?

It is possible that some of the underlying tagging has been changed since the video was recorded

Posts 744
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 25 2018 9:44 AM

Graham Criddle:

I don't have the course so can't check it but I also get 14 related verses.

That's good to know.

Graham Criddle:

Are you able to post a screenshot showing the Topic Guide in the video?

Here it is:

Posts 21935
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 26 2018 12:59 AM

Armin:
Here it is:

Thanks Armin

I don't know where these related verses are drawn from - whether a Logos-created dataset or a particular resource (I think the former).

The only thing I can think of is that the details in the dataset have been changed which results in the differences we are seeing here.

But we would need someone from Faithlife, or someone with more knowledge than me, to comment further on this.

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 26 2018 2:35 AM

That screenshot highlights some key missing vss from what we are seeing now.

Posts 744
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 26 2018 3:06 AM

Randy W. Sims:

That screenshot highlights some key missing vss from what we are seeing now.

This is how I see it as well: These are not some "borderline" verses. The missing verses are pretty important. Would be good to hear from Logos if this was a deliberate change in policy of what constitutes "related verses", or if this is by accident.

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 27 2018 11:47 AM

Just bumping for an ACK

And to note that this may not be limited to one topic. I noted 2 other topics that had decreased counts. OTOH, I also saw 3 that were the same and 1 that increased. Comparing Current beta results to a Google image search against unknown Logos versions.

Posts 8020
LogosEmployee

I've filed a bug report for this discrepancy to be investigated.

Posts 744
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2018 9:47 PM

Many thanks, Bradley.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS