Minor 4.0c Bible Reading Plan bug

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 39
Scott K | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 17 2010 8:10 PM

After updating to 4.0c from 4.0b, I notice that my Bible reading plan says "stop" right in the middle of the final verse, whereas in the past it would say "stop" at the end of the final verse.  In the example below, tomorrow's reading starts on Psalm 99 (it's just not displayed on my screen shot).  Not a big deal, but it's something that was working well before...

Posts 27926
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 8:55 PM

Scott K:
I notice that my Bible reading plan says "stop" right in the middle of the final verse

Is this possibly part of the new political correctness filter? Wink

(just a joke folks - no flame war, please)

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2010 7:12 AM

I can reproduce this and will submit your report.

Posts 141
Ken Guenther | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 10:11 PM

I thought this reading plan bug had been fixed.   Release notes for 4.0d beta 1 - "Fixed bug that caused the Stop Reading and Keep Reading markers to be displayed in the middle of the last verse of a Psalms chapter."   But I just downloaded 4.0d beta 2, and my reading plan today ends in the middle of Ps 13:6.  The last line is the beginning of next days' reading plan.

Posts 666
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 14 2010 8:14 PM

I still see this on the latest Beta as well. A great tool held back by limitations right now. This example and the truncating in Outlook prevents be able to print the Month from Outlook... Look forward to printing, my 9 year old has set a goal to read through his new bible in a year and having a printed month to keep in his bible would be great...

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 8:40 AM

Ken Guenther:

I thought this reading plan bug had been fixed.   Release notes for 4.0d beta 1 - "Fixed bug that caused the Stop Reading and Keep Reading markers to be displayed in the middle of the last verse of a Psalms chapter."   But I just downloaded 4.0d beta 2, and my reading plan today ends in the middle of Ps 13:6.  The last line is the beginning of next days' reading plan.

I'm not seeing the problem in the NLT or NIV. What Bible are you reading and what are the other details of your plan? 

Posts 666
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 16 2010 9:38 AM

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional. but I have a Reading Plan set-up for my 9 year old for OT/NT/Ps/Prov every day for a year. In Psalms many times it will have the word "title" in the reading plan list. This causes dispaly problems in Outlook via the export feature and as stated in my previous post, it eliminates the ability to print the reading plan to keep in the bible or on the desk...

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 16 2010 10:37 AM

Frank Sauer:

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional. but I have a Reading Plan set-up for my 9 year old for OT/NT/Ps/Prov every day for a year. In Psalms many times it will have the word "title" in the reading plan list. This causes dispaly problems in Outlook via the export feature and as stated in my previous post, it eliminates the ability to print the reading plan to keep in the bible or on the desk...

Many English Bibles use versemaps that include Psalm superscriptions as a separate verse (e.g., Ps 3:title) before verse 1.  I've exported a reading plan to Outlook that includes Psalm titles, and I'm not seeing a display issue. Can you provide a screenshot of the problem?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS