Highlighting by Theme

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Posts 15
Dar_B | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 29 2018 6:01 AM

Related to the answers given HERE, (Originally miscategorized as Logos 6).

Here is what I've done that has streamlined the process of highlighting and note-taking (annotating) (while using two devices--desktop & iPad).

HIGHLIGHTING AND NOTES

1. On Desktop Logos 7, under highlighting pane I created new palettes, labeled for my categories. Yellow, Orange, Brown, etc... I had the (ie: orange) highlight save to a unique annotation under the same name (orange highlight). So now whenever I highlight using those palettes, the verse gets cited in my document (Orange Highlight Notes).

To quickly access those thematic Notes documents, I have made a list of them in favorites (behind the highlighting panel).

-->One complication: using this method, the only way to add an annotation to this is through the Notes document itself. Right-clicking my highlight does not open an annotation window. I have to open the Notes document, find the highlight and add an annotation, then change the note style.  "Highlighting/add to" makes it a "different kind" of note style. It would be helpful to have the annotation/add note window when I right-click a highlight.

2. On iPad, I highlight the quote, right-click and select Note, select Style (ie:Orange) and my highlight palette option comes up, including the folder to put it into. The Note window remains open for me to enter the comments.

-->On the iPad it is easier to add a Note connected to the highlighted verse. 

PRINTING

Printing remains complicated. I was hoping to be able to print Notes documents with both the whole highlighted verses as well as annotations made under the verse. In the Notes document

...if I select Quotes and then print/export, I get the full verse but no annotations.

...If I select Full, I get all the annotations and a truncated version of the passage.

The other options don't give me anything with the full passage and annotations together. So it seems I have two choices.

a) Copy the portion of scripture into my notes before writing annotations (not as easy as it sounds w/this method of highlighting).

b) Export twice (as Quotes then as Full) then compile them the way I need them in my word processor. 

My questions:

1) With palettes (highlighting panel) is there a way to view only my own palettes (and hide--not merely collapse the default inductive/ highlighter pens, emphasis markup and solid palettes)?

2) With palettes (highlighting panel) is there any way to also assign a note style w/color?

3) Is there a quicker way than I've described to add a note to a highlighted/saved passage on desktop Logos7? 

4) Is there another option for printing that includes the passages, citations and annotations? Or another way to compile both annotations with their connected passages?

Posts 21638
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2018 6:39 AM

Dar_B:
1) With palettes (highlighting panel) is there a way to view only my own palettes (and hide--not merely collapse the default inductive/ highlighter pens, emphasis markup and solid palettes)?

No this is not possible

Dar_B:
2) With palettes (highlighting panel) is there any way to also assign a note style w/color?

No - the highlighting panel only produces highlights

Dar_B:
3) Is there a quicker way than I've described to add a note to a highlighted/saved passage on desktop Logos7? 

Yes - right-click the highlight, ensure it is selected on the right of the context menu and then click "open annotations" on the left

This opens the notes file to the highlight allowing you to add content. To get an icon associated with it, you need to modify the icon setting associated with the highlight.

Dar_B:
4) Is there another option for printing that includes the passages, citations and annotations? Or another way to compile both annotations with their connected passages?

I don't believe so - but it looks as though it may be possible in the new Notes Tool when it ships

There is an option to toggle "full anchor text" and when it is selected you get the text that was selected and the note itseld.

However, printing is not yet implemented on the new Tool so we don't know exactly how it is going to look.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS