the "Link Set" and the "Clear All Links" is too close together

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 98
Mark A. Ellis | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 30 2018 6:49 AM

I do not know if anyone else has this problem, but the "Link Set" and the "Clear All Links" is too close together. Several times (including once again today) on my MacBook computer screen, it is just too easy to accidentally click on the "Clear All LInks" instead of Link set...and 85 sources were suddenly returned to 0 links. Just put the "send huperlinks here" above the Clear all links. 

Posts 98
Mark A. Ellis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2018 7:18 AM

Fritzenkrinkle!!!  Half way through resetting the links, and I hit the clear all links again. Just too pickin' sam hill easy.

Posts 74
David Betts | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 9 2020 5:41 AM

Dear Logos - the links are a terrific idea for which I am very thankful. Compared to the old days of thumbing through many books scattered across a huge desk and trying to find a "link."  **MANY** minutes are reduced to a click.

However, I found this looking for a solution to "clear all links" - I just did it and might agree with whatever fritzenkrinkle might mean.... perhaps similar to dat blasticated skombadidyshomitz. [ or for some, it would be an 'un-kosher' CHEEZE'burger!! ]

This is going to take TIME to fix - if it ever is. Apparently some of us turn to "all thumbs" and / or have a brain freeze, a senior moment, or perhaps just need to take a break. Anyway, I hope for a fix.

[( Mark E. - I feel your pain!)] All the Best...

Blessings, and Shalom y'all

Posts 74
David Betts | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 9 2020 5:54 AM

Duh!

After posting above, and then trying to fix a few links, it occurred to me to CLOSE the layout, and then reopen. Voila - there's the links.

There IS hope for old K9s learning all these new tricks, even for those 70+ !!!

Blessings, as we spend time with The One Who became Flesh, and now dwells among / within us!!

WoooHooo ! ! (ancient phrase of Praise)

Posts 98
Mark A. Ellis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 9 2020 11:27 AM

Hi! Thanks for feeling my pain! 
"fritzenkrinkle" is a form of Christian substitution for other words which would not be appropriate for a disciple of Jesus Christ. Some 30 years ago, there was a study done on swear words in several languages, and they concluded that all were composed hard consonants. So words like "fudge," "fritz" (my favorite) and pickingsamehill serve to relieve stress and tension without violating the Lord's name or engaging in vulgar language. "Fritzenkrinkle" is for those moments when I'm REALLY hottenfustern over something. Yes, my maternal grandparents were German.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS