Multiple Resources Missing?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 70
Erik DiVietro | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 1 2018 2:12 PM

I am at a loss. Apparently a recent update removed the Multiple Resources function? The button is not even there anymore. The multiple resources show quite clearly on the snapshots of the layout; but when I load the layout, they are gone. Did we disable this function? 

Posts 21635
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 2:27 PM

Is it possible you had a Faithlife Connect subscription that has expired?

Posts 70
Erik DiVietro | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 2:29 PM

Is that a component of Faithlife Connect? It has been a feature in Logos since v 6.6.

Posts 70
Erik DiVietro | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 2:36 PM

Unbelievable. Faithlife has handicapped the actual Bible study function of the application (the ONLY part of the application I need) unless I pay $100 a year for a subscription to services I will never use or need. I don't want mobile learning. I don't need all these extraneous, superfluous things like Visual studies. I do my own word studies. What else do they strip away unless you pony up the cash?

Posts 21635
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 2:55 PM

It does require a Feature Set to use - and so I was wondering if you had had access to it via a subscription.

Details of what is included in which feature sets is at https://www.logos.com/compare/feature-sets 

Note - I am not my computer at the moment so can’t actually check there isn’t a wider problem.

But did you use to have access to these feature sets at all?

Posts 70
Erik DiVietro | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 3:01 PM

Apparently, I did not have any Feature Sets, since these are now separate from the application itself. Why would one need to purchase a "standard" feature set? Shouldn't it, by definition, be standard? (This is what I call monetization of what should be standard; but I digress.) It is not like splitting the feature sets from the core application make it any more affordable.

Oh well, I know Logos has long since abandoned any semblance of a business model comprehensible to me. I long for the days of Libronix when I could just buy resources when I wanted them instead of having to piecemeal the application itself.

Posts 21635
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 3:04 PM

But if you didn’t have any feature sets I don’t think this would have ever worked,

Sorry - I’m just trying to understand what had happened / changed to see if there is any other reason why this isn’t working for you

Posts 70
Erik DiVietro | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 3:20 PM

I had a Logos Now subscription (or whatever Faithlife-branded name it has now). Then the price structure blew up earlier this year and Mr. Pritchett issued his clarifications and new tiering system. It all got so frustratingly multi-layered after years of changes and continual updates and bugs. So, I canceled it.

It has been a couple years since Logos 6; but I am fairly certain I had the feature before I got the Logos Now subscription.

It doesn't matter now. I shelled out the additional $65 for the "Standard Feature Set."

Posts 21635
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 11:41 PM

Thanks for the update

Posts 1678
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 3 2018 5:55 AM

Erik:

If you purchased a base package back when the 'library' and 'features set' parts weren't separate, you might own enough features to make the Starter Feature Set (which has Multiview) worth your while, via Dynamic Pricing. Here's the link:  https://www.logos.com/product/121388/logos-7-starter-feature-set 

You could also look at the Fundamentals Base Package under the same strategy, as it has Multiview:  https://www.logos.com/product/156257/logos-7-fundamentals 

If you find either one affordable, you will likely gain some other resources or features you'll find handy.

[EDIT: never mind; I didn't see your last post. But it might help someone else]

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 70
Erik DiVietro | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 3 2018 9:00 AM

Thanks for your note, Robert.

The last time I bought something akin to a "base package" was when I did a library upgrade back in 2009. 

I started buying resources back in the Libronix days. In fact, I was one of the earliest adopters of that system, after using my father's copy of Logos 1 for quite some time. I also was one of the few who were using Logos for Mac before the GUI unification in Logos 4. 

When we were still on Logos 3, I was gifted a Leader's Library; and I upgraded it when which I upgraded when we hit Logos 4. That was the last time I did anything even remotely akin to buying a "base package," although I have since had to "upgrade" the library at least one other time I can remember. 

That's right. I have gone through versions 5-7 only upgrading the core engine. I did a trial of  Logos Now (whatever it is called now) in 2015, and then subscribed to it for two years until the debacle earlier this year with all the changes as it was rebranded to Faithlife.

I am one of the most faithful users of Logos there are; but I use it for one thing and one thing only, biblical exegesis.  I want to do my own research. That's all I want Logos for. It is all I need it for. It bothers me that Faithlife keeps changing the rules of the game and making it harder and harder for old school users like me to cut through all the unnecessary fluff to continue to use the tool we originally purchased. 

I know some will take umbrage at this statement; but to me, the idea of these "base packages" and "feature sets" and subscription-based, fluffed up products are just money grabs. How do you get people to continue to spend money on a product once they have everything they need? Change the rules and get them to spend money for things they don't need. And, when necessary, make it difficult for those who do not spend the money to use the tool to its full potential. 

Posts 9964
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 3 2018 11:13 AM

Erik DiVietro:

I know some will take umbrage at this statement; but to me, the idea of these "base packages" and "feature sets" and subscription-based, fluffed up products are just money grabs. How do you get people to continue to spend money on a product once they have everything they need? Change the rules and get them to spend money for things they don't need. And, when necessary, make it difficult for those who do not spend the money to use the tool to its full potential. 

I'm not umbraging, but in your Libby days (Libronix), they started the extras, later marketed as 'features'. I never knowingly bought any, but they often showed up on CDs and eventually when L4 arrived from the molassas factories of Vermont, I had 'features'. I felt so lucky.

But in defense of the Bellingham Belles, they do like to periodically make payroll, tasking the marketers to drive many customers into suspecting their common sense.

Posts 70
Erik DiVietro | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 3 2018 11:54 AM

"eventually when L4 arrived from the molassas factories of Vermont"

To date, my favorite line from the community discussions EVER. That thing took an eternity to be ready for primetime.

Logos for Mac
My Frustration with Logos 4 Mac
Logos Starts to Take Shape (α 22.1)
Logos 4 Mac Goes into β (Beta)
Logos 4 Mac, v 4.3

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS