Executing Hyperlinks in Notes in Logos 4.0c

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 24
Walter A. Svarczkopf | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 18 2010 8:17 AM

When a Bible Reference Hyperlink is created in a Note of a Note File, the documentation says that clicking on the Hyperlink will take you to the reference in your preferred Bible.  I find that I have to hold the CNTL key down while clicking on the hyperlink.  Is this how this is intended to function?  Why does clicking on the hyperlink alone not take you there?  Is it so that Hyperlinks can be updated by single clicking?

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2010 9:03 AM

i am no expert here and am just another user.

But i suspect that when we click on a link in our notes that L4 enters the edit mode. Thus it was necessary to differentiate between editing and executing the link.

hope this was helpful.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2010 9:25 AM

Ctrl+click is the way that this type of function is carried out by many different types word processors etc.

Steve is right that this is so you can edit the text of a hyperlink without affecting where the link takes you. This is particualy helpful when you are using the libronixdls protocol to link to books in your library. It would be confusing if automatically generated links to Bibles functioned differently than links to books.

Posts 29
Clay Brisbois | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2010 1:49 PM

Logos has a training video that shows how to make a hyperlink and reminds us to hold down Ctrl when we want to go to the target: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjmeaRLqtcA

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS