RefTagger not working on Blogger

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Guillermo Santamaria | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 7 2018 9:53 AM

I have just installed the javascript in blogger to activate Reftagger.  It is correct as I installed it.  My site is welshtractpublications.blogspot.com. Can you check to see what the problem might be?  I have javascript enabled in Google Chrome Version 69.0 and am using the latest Mac OS 10.13.5.  But nothing is working with the links.  I tried a test article with John 3:16 and nothing.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks!

Posts 1246
LogosEmployee
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 7 2018 10:59 AM

It appears that you're missing a comma after the closing quotation mark of "KJV".

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 5
Guillermo Santamaria | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 7 2018 11:54 AM

Thanks so much for the suggestion!  I added the comma in the html but it did not seem to make any difference.  Is there any possibility you could look at it to make sure I did it right.  Is there any special coding I need to have on the Bible reference that I am not doing?  Thanks so much!

Posts 1246
LogosEmployee
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 7 2018 11:59 AM

No special code is needed for getting Bible references to be recognized.

Opening up the web page in the inspector revealed this warning:

This led me to an additional error:

The text ' ∕∕api.reftagger.com/v2/RefTagger.js' should instead be '//api.reftagger.com/v2/RefTagger.js'.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 1246
LogosEmployee
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 7 2018 12:00 PM

Note, in particular, that the original text has a space after the quotation mark, whereas the corrected version does not.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 5
Guillermo Santamaria | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 7 2018 12:12 PM

Wow.  Fascinating.  I copied this right from the website.  I think I corrected.  But still nothing.  Sorry to keep bothering you.  Can you take one more look?  How could I have made these errors if I copied the text from the website?  Thanks for all your efforts!

Posts 1246
LogosEmployee
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 7 2018 12:27 PM

The space is gone, but the slashes are still being escaped. This is likely being caused by the text editor that you're using.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 5
Guillermo Santamaria | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 7 2018 12:35 PM

It seems to be working!  You did it!  I copied into another plain text program and repasted it.  One last question.  If they use roman numerals for the chapter will the script still catch it?  Thanks again SO MUCH!!

Posts 1246
LogosEmployee
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 7 2018 12:40 PM

I believe that Roman numerals will not be picked up automatically.

However, reftagger.com describes how to use bibleref markup, which can be applied to provide hints to RefTagger for cases that it cannot resolve automatically. This is also useful for text that uses partial references when the book/chapter is clear from the surrounding context.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 5
Guillermo Santamaria | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 7 2018 12:42 PM

Thank you AGAIN!!!  I love this feature!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS