How to set up searchable highlights

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Shannon Gianotti | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 7 2018 10:43 AM

I've been trying to set up highlights that I can search for. I've read the info here (https://wiki.logos.com/finding_highlighted_text), but it only works for stylenames that are unique. So, the preset solid color Green highlight appears to be a unique name, so it can be searched. But Blue and Orange will not function for a search. 

I tried setting up new palettes where I picked a solid color and gave it a unique name like "Education." But even so, when I highlight with my new palette and then try to search {Highlights Education} nothing comes up. 

Can anyone give me a quick rundown of how to set up new palettes that are searchable, then how to search for them? 

I want to be able to search only one color of highlights at a time. 

Thanks!

Shannon

Posts 21633
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 7 2018 11:45 AM

Shannon Gianotti:
But even so, when I highlight with my new palette and then try to search {Highlights Education} nothing comes up. 

You need "Highlight" and not "Highlights"

Does that get it working for you?

Posts 24556
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 7 2018 10:14 PM

Shannon Gianotti:
Can anyone give me a quick rundown of how to set up new palettes that are searchable, then how to search for them? 

All palettes and styles are searchable, as per the wiki article you quoted.  {Highlight Blue} will find all highlights with a "Blue" style name (it doesn't have to be unique). If you want to be specific, use something like {Highlight Solid Colors/Blue} or {Highlight My Palette/Blue}, where My Palette is the name of your new palette. But it is best to have unique style names like "Education".

Shannon Gianotti:

If Education has the same colour as the preset Blue style, then don't use Blue style in any of your highlights, and search for {Highlight Education}. Otherwise, you have to search for

{Highlight Education}, {Highlight Blue}

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 208
David Owh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 7 2018 11:17 PM

Shannon Gianotti:

I tried setting up new palettes where I picked a solid color and gave it a unique name like "Education." But even so, when I highlight with my new palette and then try to search {Highlights Education} nothing comes up. 

Thanks!

Shannon

{Highlight Education/*}

{Highlight Education/Yellow}

WIN 10

Posts 4
Shannon Gianotti | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 18 2018 11:08 AM

Thank you!

Posts 4
Shannon Gianotti | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 18 2018 11:09 AM

Thank you, this is great!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS