lost sermon notes? windows 10

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
OrLando Yarborough III | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 9 2018 6:00 AM

Hello, I seem to have lost my sermon notes. The note were avaible 12am this morning. Now, at 9am, only a much reduced version of my notes is available. Any help? Any way to search for different  "versions" so that I may acquire the latest version that I prepared? Thank you

Posts 19753
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 9 2018 6:21 AM

Hi OrLando - and welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear about this problem.

Do you mean that the sermon documents are all there but that there is less text in them?

Or do you mean that the documents themselves are gone?

As users we have no access to different versions of documents but Faithlife Customer Services may be able to help - but I'm just trying to clarify exactly what the problem is.

Graham

Posts 7
David Krueger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 9 2018 5:01 PM

I am having the same issue. The "Sermons" area is simply grayed out as though it's not available. I'm wondering if Logos is simply working on their software. I hope that is all it is.

Posts 19753
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 9 2018 10:22 PM

Hi David

David Krueger:

I am having the same issue. The "Sermons" area is simply grayed out as though it's not available. I'm wondering if Logos is simply working on their software. I hope that is all it is.

That sounds like a different issue - as though a Logos Now / Faithlife Connect subscription has expired. Please start a new thread and provide details.

Graham

Posts 7
David Krueger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 8:16 AM

When I open the Logos Documents menu the Sermon icon is grayed out. When I hover my mouse over the icon I get the message, "This document type is currently unavailable." I don't recall getting a message that my subscription was up for this item.

Posts 19753
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 8:22 AM

Please create a new thread to discuss this David

Posts 7
David Krueger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 8:34 AM

Sorry. This was my first time emailing the board and I don't know how to begin a new thread. But I'm fine ... it was a subscription issue. But sadly the tech walked me through 15 minutes of trouble-shooting before checking my subscription status!

Posts 19753
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 8:50 AM

David Krueger:
But I'm fine ... it was a subscription issue

Glad you have it sorted

David Krueger:
Sorry. This was my first time emailing the board and I don't know how to begin a new thread

Apologies. For other occasions if you click the name of the particular forum (in this case "Logos 7") you should see an option to "Write a New Post"

And please do come back and raise any questions you have about using Logos software.

Graham

Posts 19753
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 8:51 AM

Hi OrLando - how are you getting on with the problem you raised?

Are you able to advise on the questions I asked earlier?

Graham

Posts 4
OrLando Yarborough III | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 5:39 PM

Graham, Hi, Thank you so much.

Yes, the document is there, but there is less text--looks like just the first scripture and paragraph from when I first created the document. The remaining three pages are so of updated text are missing. 

Posts 2420
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 7:33 PM

Do you use more than one device to edit your sermon document? Do you use Logos on more than one computer? Wondering if this is a sync issue.

Posts 4
OrLando Yarborough III | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 12 2018 11:09 AM

Thanks. I use only one device to edit my sermon document. I did open the full document using the ios App, but the app doesn't allow editing.  

Posts 19753
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 12 2018 12:23 PM

OrLando Yarborough III:
I did open the full document using the ios App, but the app doesn't allow editing. 

So do you mean that the complete document - including updates - is there on the iOS app?

If so - it looks like you might be accessing an "old version" on the desktop? Not that this should be possible!

Posts 4
OrLando Yarborough III | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2018 3:49 PM

Thank you. The ios app shows the "old version." Originally, when I had the most up-to-date version, it showed on the desktop app and ios app. Six or so hours later only the "old version" appeared on the desktop and ios app alike.

Posts 19753
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2018 10:22 PM

i would contact Customer Services - https://www.logos.com/contact - and see if they can advise / work out how to restore the updates you made

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS