Missing prepub discount?

Page 1 of 3 (55 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 54 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3326
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 11 2018 10:06 AM

Just noticed this Lexham title today. Looks interesting but doesn't have a discount. Error?

https://www.logos.com/product/166021/walking-the-ancient-paths-a-commentary-on-jeremiah 

Posts 518
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 10:23 AM

Wasn't this supposed to be an EEC title that we have been waiting for?

Posts 3326
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 10:33 AM

Big Smile

If true, wouldn't that be a kick in the pants!

Posts 692
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 10:54 AM

Looking through EEC, it sure looks like it, but the cover is different.

https://www.logos.com/product/7565/evangelical-exegetical-commentary

Posts 447
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 11:20 AM

Lexham has a number of new titles in prepub with no discount. I don’t think it is an error.  

Posts 471
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 12:02 PM

Bobby Terhune:

That is what it looks like to me.  I've already paid a premium price for this once. I certainly would not pay for it again!

Posts 1998
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 12:19 PM

The details certainly seem similar.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 80
LogosEmployee
Jake Mailhot | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 12:25 PM

Mattillo:

Just noticed this Lexham title today. Looks interesting but doesn't have a discount. Error?

There is no pre-order discount for this title at this time. Lexham offers pre-order discounts on select titles, mainly because our titles are already funded and don't fall into the traditional Pre-Pub program.

Bobby Terhune:

While this title was submitted for the EEC, we decided it would be better off as a stand-alone commentary since it's so pastoral. We are working on contracting a replacement Jeremiah volume for the EEC to be released in the future.

Posts 3326
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 12:48 PM
Jake Mailhot:

Mattillo:

There is no pre-order discount for this title at this time. Lexham offers pre-order discounts on select titles, mainly because our titles are already funded and don't fall into the traditional Pre-Pub program.

Bobby Terhune:

While this title was submitted for the EEC, we decided it would be better off as a stand-alone commentary since it's so pastoral. We are working on contracting a replacement Jeremiah volume for the EEC to be released in the future.

That is unfortunate. Thank you Jake. Jeremiah 2025 I guess
Posts 3326
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 12:49 PM
I should say that I appreciate your attention to keeping the EEC series on track with your vision though
Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 1:35 PM

Personally I think I would rather have the more pastoral one... Many of us appreciated the scholars and styles of theirs. For some one expecting a commentary on Jeremiah by Walter C. Kaiser, Jr. to pull it to sell it to us as a separate commentary feels like an utter bait and switch practice. But worse than that you are telling us we can buy the original volume we were expecting?

-dan

Posts 3326
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 1:42 PM

It'd be nice if they gave eec owners a discount to purchase this volume 

*Hoping*

Posts 5173
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 1:44 PM

Agree this is a disappointing turn of events and I won’t be ordering this title at full price. 

Dan Francis:

Personally I think I would rather have the more pastoral one... Many of us appreciated the scholars and styles of theirs. For some one expecting a commentary on Jeremiah by Walter C. Kaiser, Jr. to pull it to sell it to us as a separate commentary feels like an utter bait and switch practice. But worse than that you are telling us we can buy the original volume we were expecting?

-dan

Posts 990
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 2:02 PM

This sounds like an interesting and helpful commentary but I won't be ordering (at this price).

Posts 20
Adam Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 2:20 PM

Jake Mailhot:

Can you please clarify what happens if we bought the combined Jeremiah & Lamentations EEC as a standalone product? I assume we still get the Jeremiah EEC when it's completed? And can we get a refund if we decide we don't like the author when they're announced? Or can we get this new Kaiser volume at no extra cost instead if we don't want to wait?

Posts 55
LogosEmployee
Jesse Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 2:32 PM

Hello all, 

We haven't made this announcement yet, but we will be unlocking this volume for people who pre-ordered the EEC volume prior to this posting.

We've decided to make it a standalone only for the consistent format & tone of the series. It is an excellent commentary, I think it will be a great addition to your libraries. You will still receive the EEC volume when it ships. 

Best,

Jesse

Posts 3326
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 2:35 PM

Jesse Myers:

Hello all, 

We haven't made this announcement yet, but we will be unlocking this volume for people who pre-ordered the EEC volume prior to this posting.

We've decided to make it a standalone only for the consistent format & tone of the series. It is an excellent commentary, I think it will be a great addition to your libraries. You will still receive the EEC volume when it ships. 

Best,

Jesse

Thank you Jesse. So if I understand you correctly, anyone who has pre-ordered this volume or the entire EEC will get this volume for free?

Posts 471
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 3:12 PM

Jesse Myers:

Thank you for this. Frankly I was angered in hearing it was not considered part of the EEC and that you were starting all over in searching for another author. Again, thank you!

Posts 55
LogosEmployee
Jesse Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 3:18 PM
"So if I understand you correctly, anyone who has pre-ordered this volume or the entire EEC will get this volume for free?"

Yes, that's right. 

Posts 3326
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 3:47 PM

Jesse Myers:
"So if I understand you correctly, anyone who has pre-ordered this volume or the entire EEC will get this volume for free?"

Yes, that's right. 

Thank you Jesse. Will this show on our pre-order page or will it be added to our account after it goes live?

Page 1 of 3 (55 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS