BUG: inconsistent alignment in Text Comparison tool when partially versified Bible is used

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26540
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 18 2018 3:14 PM

In adding the Wuest New Testament to a Text Comparison in response to Wuest in Text Comparison not working correctly I found the alignment is inconsistent. I would expect that each Wuest text block would be aligned to the first verse identified in the text. It is sometimes (blue line) and isn't sometimes (red line). I believe this inconsistency to be a bug.

For example of missing text see Wuest in Text Comparison not working correctly

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8021
LogosEmployee

We have a case tracking problems with WUESTNT in Text Comparison. Thanks for the detailed examples; I've added a link to this post to the case.

Posts 199
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 4:33 AM

I have a mp4 showing Wuest failure, but get an error trying to upload it.

It shows 1 Corinthians 12:1-7, then 8-11 missing, then 12-17. This is the starting screen. The video is short, about 1/2 minute

Posts 199
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 4:35 AM

Posts 8021
LogosEmployee

We're aware of the problem, so uploading the MP4 isn't necessary.

Posts 199
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2019 7:21 AM

This problem is made worse by the fact I often find the verse I am looking at is not there at all. It falls in a gap not displayed.

All HELP much appreciated!

Posts 2408
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2019 10:17 AM

Bob Diebel:

This problem is made worse by the fact I often find the verse I am looking at is not there at all. It falls in a gap not displayed.

Question: if you have only WUESTNT and one other version [not using text comparison] side by side can you find all of the verses in the 'gap'?

[[That is does WUESTNT have every verse or does it combine or seem to skip some verses??]]

Posts 199
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2019 1:38 PM

There is no problem with the tile containing multiple versions when I pick Wuest. This is a "text comparison" problem only.

Posts 2408
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2019 5:10 PM

Bob Diebel:

There is no problem with the tile containing multiple versions when I pick Wuest. This is a "text comparison" problem only.

Thanks for the reply.  I took a quick look at Wuest and saw how it had groups of verses 'combined' so I asked.  [Have seen others that do similar and there is no way to find relationships to all the verses in some.]

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS