Bug?? Confused by inconsistent sizes for text display

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 40
Timothy Lovegrove | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 20 2018 11:49 AM

I use Logos for livestream Bible teaching, and so I scale the program way up so that it's visible to the viewers. I normally set content scaling and program scaling to 200%. But I find that the size is inconsistent. For example, when I show the ESV, sometimes the font size is like four times what it is other times. 

For example, in the following two screens shots, content and program scaling are both set to 200%:

Posts 579
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2018 12:16 PM

Note that application scaling and resource font scaling are two different ways to adjust the font size in a resource. So, the first thing I would verify is that the font scaling is set to the same value in the panel menus.

Posts 40
Timothy Lovegrove | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2018 12:35 PM

Can you help me locate that in the panel menu? I'm looking in both the resource information (top right of the panel) and the dropdown in the top left of the panel (with the resource icon), and I'm missing it.

Posts 2660
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2018 12:58 PM

Hi Timothy,

Here is the resource font scaling slider.

Posts 40
Timothy Lovegrove | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2018 1:25 PM

Got it, thank you. 

I still think there may be some sort of bug, because without touching the resource font scaling I can get drastically different sizes (depending on how I open the resource, I believe). But this will allow me to control it. 

Thank you!

Posts 2097
LogosEmployee

Timothy Lovegrove:

I still think there may be some sort of bug, because without touching the resource font scaling I can get drastically different sizes (depending on how I open the resource, I believe). But this will allow me to control it. 

If you open a layout, then the font setting of the panel would have been saved as part of the layout. If you open the resource directly from the library, then the font setting will be whatever it was the last time you had the resource open.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS