BUG: Psalm Explorer Search documentation plus I need search help on multiple values

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 26785
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 20 2018 7:02 PM

Bug: documentation provides argument values that don't work:

• Structure ~ "..." — the poetic organization of the Psalm, one of:

• Acrostic — the first words of lines (or groups of lines) start with each letter of the alphabet in succession
• Chiastic — also called "onion" or "concentric" structure, where earlier sections are rhymed thematically by later ones
• Strophic — the Psalm is divided into strophes

Verbum Help (Bellingham, WA: Faithlife, 2016).

Neither "chiastic" not "stophic" returned results - chiasm and stroph did. No only is the documentation on these search spread across Help and Manuals; the documentation may be wrong. I am not happy.

Help needed: Can I simplify this search? {Label Psalm WHERE Structure ~ "stroph"} OR {Label Psalm WHERE Structure ~ "chiasm"} OR {Label Psalm WHERE Structure ~ "acrostic"}

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25032
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 22 2018 4:56 AM

MJ. Smith:
Can I simplify this search? {Label Psalm WHERE Structure ~ "stroph"} OR {Label Psalm WHERE Structure ~ "chiasm"} OR {Label Psalm WHERE Structure ~ "acrostic"}

You can use {Label Psalm WHERE Structure ~ "Chiasm" AND Structure ~ "Acrostic"}, but OR is not allowed. So, the only simplification is to use comma for OR, but you lose the colours in the results.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS