What hasd changed in Logos or what am I doing wrong in searches that gives me over 5000 options?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 18
David Emme | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 23 2018 7:38 AM

So I went and did a search for, "Love the Lord your God" that gave me 5,928 possible matches. Here are two examples on the first one the word "the" is highlighted twice in John 11:37. In verse 36the word "the" and "Loved" were highlighted.

Settings I have on there are Basic, Search All Text in Entire Bible and Last settingis Sentence.

What am I doing wrong or why did Faithlife change things on us in some update. Beenn using this program since 2005 and never had this problem.

Why do I have to go to google to find a passage I am looking for?

John 11:36
36 Then the Jews said, “See how He loved him!”

John 11:37
37 And some of them said, “Could not this Man, who opened the eyes of the blind, also have kept this man from dying?”

The New King James Version. (1982). (Jn 11:36–37). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Posts 197
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 23 2018 7:58 AM

Seems to be working ok for me ...I am on Beta channel Logos

If I do not have the quote marks, it is 5928 results.....

Posts 13199
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 23 2018 8:14 AM

David Emme:
Settings I have on there are Basic

I'm not sure exactly what the problem you're describing is. Perhaps a screenshot would help?

Posts 4829
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 23 2018 12:41 PM

On the information given I agree with below:

SeeHisFace:

Seems to be working ok for me ...I am on Beta channel Logos

If I do not have the quote marks, it is 5928 results.....

Posts 2042
LogosEmployee

When you do a Basic search with multiple terms, you are looking for chapters where the terms occur together. When you search for Love the Lord your God (without quotes), the system is looking for chapters that contain all of those words. This search is equivalent to Love AND the AND Lord AND your AND God.

If you put quotes around it and search for "Love the Lord your God" then the system will search for places where that entire phrase is found with the words in the order you specify.

You will also get results closer to what you are looking for if you change to a Bible search instead of a Basic search, because there the search will look for verses where the terms occur rather than chapters. This still will not look for places where the words are in order unless you put quotes around it to make it a phrase.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS