7.18 (7.18.0.0008) is Now Available

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2318
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 24 2018 11:25 AM

To immediately update to the current stable version enter the Update Now command. Otherwise, the app will automatically update the next time it's scheduled to check for updates.

Release Notes

Download Link

Posts 3590
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 25 2018 3:48 AM

I am glad to see that we can now select multiple notes and apply bulk actions. This is something users have wanted for a long time. Nice improvement. Thank you.

Posts 3642
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 25 2018 8:41 AM

Francis:
we can now select multiple notes and apply bulk actions.

Thank you, Francis, for noticing!

And THANK YOU, FL, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

<Happy dance!>

Posts 21528
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 25 2018 8:50 AM

Francis:
I am glad to see that we can now select multiple notes and apply bulk actions. This is something users have wanted for a long time

While this is certainly welcome and very useful - I just wanted to clarify for anyone who sees this that this functionality is in the new Notes Tool which is currently in beta development. It is not supported in the Logos 7 "Notes Document" environment.

Posts 2318
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 25 2018 10:17 AM

Graham Criddle:

Francis:
I am glad to see that we can now select multiple notes and apply bulk actions. This is something users have wanted for a long time

While this is certainly welcome and very useful - I just wanted to clarify for anyone who sees this that this functionality is in the new Notes Tool which is currently in beta development. It is not supported in the Logos 7 "Notes Document" environment.

Graham,

Thank you for pointing this out. I did list it in the release notes under Notes Tool instead of Notes Docuement for that reason.

Posts 21528
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 25 2018 11:10 AM

Philana R. Crouch:
I did list it in the release notes under Notes Tool instead of Notes Docuement for that reason.

Absolutely - I spotted that!

But I was aware that just based on the comments in this thread there was the possibility for confusion.

Posts 1328
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 25 2018 4:47 PM

I'm confused.  I am not running a Beta version of Logos but my production version does show it is version 7.18.0.0008.  Is this feature available in release 7.18.0.0008 or isn't it?  If it isn't, why is it listed there?  I don't understand the significance of saying it's in the Notes Tool section of the release notes versus the Notes Document.  Tongue Tied

Posts 24340
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 25 2018 5:49 PM

Rick Ausdahl:
I don't understand the significance of saying it's in the Notes Tool section of the release notes versus the Notes Document.  Tongue Tied

The replacement for the current Notes document (in your Documents menu) is being tested in the desktop and web apps. You have to be a Notes tool beta tester before you get access to the new Notes, located in your Tools menu.  I don't know why the 7.18 Release Notes made this particular announcement...

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1328
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 25 2018 6:28 PM

Thank you, Dave!  No longer confused--I understand "I" won't see it in this release.  I am a bit perplexed as to why it was even mentioned in reference to this production release, but I won't lose any sleep over it.  Sleep  

Posts 2959
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 25 2018 9:09 PM

Since updating to this version, Logos locks up when I open the Notes tool. 

Windows 10 Pro

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 21528
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 25 2018 11:04 PM

David Taylor Jr:

Since updating to this version, Logos locks up when I open the Notes tool. 

Windows 10 Pro

Please start a new thread and provide details including logs

Posts 1162
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 9:16 PM

"Fixed a crash when moving a favorite into a collapsed folder" Thank you! 

I have been playing around with the new notes (online). I know the plan was to ship it before L8 is this still the case? I REALLY like it.

Posts 24340
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 6 2018 4:09 AM

Mike Tourangeau:
I have been playing around with the new notes (online). I know the plan was to ship it before L8 is this still the case? I REALLY like it.

You won't need L8 to fully employ the Notes tool (as that may only signify that it is no longer in beta). Your existing Notes should have been migrated to the new Tool, so use the command Set prefer notes tool to Yes for that "shipped" experience (on desktop - not sure about web app). You may find some limitations, but you can indicate your priorities. 

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1162
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 6 2018 11:12 AM

Dave Hooton:
You won't need L8 to fully employ the Notes tool (as that may only signify that it is no longer in beta). Your existing Notes should have been migrated to the new Tool, so use the command Set prefer notes tool to Yes for that "shipped" experience (on desktop - not sure about web app). You may find some limitations, but you can indicate your priorities. 

I didn't realize this......will this put me into the Beta program or just for the tool?

Posts 1162
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 6 2018 11:16 AM

Francis:

I am glad to see that we can now select multiple notes and apply bulk actions. This is something users have wanted for a long time. Nice improvement. Thank you.

Can someone tell me how to do this on a Mac? I can't figure it out.....

Posts 24340
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 6 2018 2:23 PM

Mike Tourangeau:
I didn't realize this......will this put me into the Beta program or just for the tool?

Joining the group gives you access to the Notes tool on any desktop version (Logos 7.12 and above) - and then you can use the Set Prefer... command after ensuring your notes have been migrated.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS